PDA

View Full Version : Jacqueval Treyds: Rogue Extraordinaire Script

DigiLusionist
12-15-2004, 06:12 AM
I'm polishing a script I wrote some time ago for a 3D animation short I am developing. Since I want to do all the work on it, I have five cartoony characters (a fantasy world rogue, a rune-covered wall that manifests lips, a winged demon (visible from the waist up), a gelatinous cube, and a shadowy spectre. There are four sets

Upon completion of the third draft, the page count came to 23. There are a lot of shots (primarily reaction shots and angle cuts that added text to the script). I listed the number of seconds I though each shot would last so I could estimate the total length. From this, I estimate that with the opening title sequence, the action, and the closing credits, the short will last ten minutes and fifty-three seconds.

I am designing the characters and sets now, as well as floor plans for the sets. I will storyboard the script once I have a definite idea of how things look and where the action will take place.

Should anyone be interested in reading the script and making comments or suggestions, I would be happy to make it available as a text document.

SheepFactory
12-15-2004, 06:21 AM
sure thing man.

TheLostVertex
12-15-2004, 06:37 AM
a gelatinous cube
My interest is peaked right there...

anything with a gelatinous cube is top notch, and deserves a read.

-Steven

DigiLusionist
12-16-2004, 01:43 AM
Here is the short version script for "Jacqueval Treyds: Rogue Extraordinaire." It's in text file format.

The longer version has the gelatinous cube segment. It adds an additional two minutes, and has a lot of complex fluid dynamic shots. When I complete the short script version, if I'm not too burnt out or busy, I will add this segment.

I just want to finish the puppy without making the task even more difficult.

DigiLusionist
12-16-2004, 04:44 AM
The documents Kamsvag posted links to in his thread are great (storyboard and production planning board).

thread link: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=194749

I am going to use the documents he provided in conjunction with my Jacqueval script.

I'll post the results to this thread. I'll also post any notes I generate from the process of creating the concept art / design.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.