PDA

View Full Version : For for beginners

sKullzao
12-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Hello everybody,

Im new in 3d, and being doing some work on my 3d with maya. But i dont know where i can post some of my works, so I can get some crittiques, I fell that me work is to weak to put on the main part of the forum and fell kind of embarresed there.

Im suggesting a two new "parts" ( dont know how to say ) for 3d and 2d so beginners can post their compositions, and people with more experience who want to help can give some advices.

Thank you very much, this is a great place for starters and professionals to comunicate and learn. Great job!

Tiago Tscha

gnz
12-14-2004, 07:45 PM
But i dont know where i can post some of my works, so I can get some crittiquesThere is already a work in progress forum (http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43) for critique.
I fell that me work is to weak to put on the main part of the forum and fell kind of embarresed there.Dont feel embarrased, the point of the wip forums is exaclty to help you improve your work.

jmBoekestein
02-15-2005, 11:47 PM
I suggest you have a look at the threads in the wip forum, there's all kinds of stuff. From firsttimers to experienced people working to improve their skills and insights. I think the worst I ever saw was:

2 words

ANATOMY

BOOK

Which amused me at the time, but he must have been having a bad day. And it was an isolated incident I guess.

YahikoYamazaki
02-17-2005, 06:03 AM
although it is encouraged not to feel embarrased to post your own work which you feel not as good as those in the forum, the quantity of high quality works in this forum can quite make some starters unease. the thing is, i'm not sure if this forum is completely dedicated for the CG industry or also supports those who want CG as a hobby. if CGtalk supports the 2nd, then i believe we should have a beginner's forum, with some VERY basic tutorials. :)

my 2 cents and a half.

C4PROOF
02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
I agree on having a beginners section for the newcomers. So they don't feel so embarrassed when trying to get helpfull feedback.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.