PDA

View Full Version : Nurnies / Greeble...

jabbadehutt
12-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi all, I'm a convert from the LW world. XSI is really cool, and has a really thought out workflow, interface, and a HUGE featureset.

Anyway, getting to my problem, I'm trying to model a spaceship and I want to manually create nurnies for it. I got a tip somewhere else about using the greeble script in the netview and while it is of some help, it's an automatic process, and I need to manually create some of these details.

Just as an example, in LW, you select the polygon you want, and press shift+A, and this gives you a reference plane aligned with this polygon. Now, I know that there is something similar in XSI (pressing -)... but I need to be able to create objects on top of a specific reference plane.

Thanks,
JabbaDeHutt

wmendez
12-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi,

I have not used LW in eaons but does'nt shift+a center /fit the polygon into the view?
How about selecting the polygon in raycast mode RMB ->Extract Polygons -Keep then scale using COG or RMB and select offset polygons contour.

Is that what you are looking for?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.