PDA

View Full Version : Jonah trailer now released!

lildragon
09-01-2002, 02:44 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/artisan/jonah-tlr2/#

looks great :)

OrestesMantra
09-01-2002, 04:28 AM
Ditto.

jjburton
09-01-2002, 05:00 AM
I love Big Ideas work. Their 321 Penguins series is really good too. I'm impressed at the level of animation in that trailer though. Top notch. Wonder what rendering system their using. I know (read) they switched to Maya for animation from XSI a while back.

Aken009
09-01-2002, 06:45 AM
HAH...man...I've been waiting for this movie to come out for quite some time...I was beginning to think it came out already...and I missed it....:thumbsup:

santiago
09-01-2002, 08:48 AM
Can't wait to see it!

ClingFree
09-01-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lildragon. I know my daughter will love it...and I'm sure I will enjoy it too.

derwolpertinger
09-01-2002, 03:27 PM
damn funny lookin'!! thx for the link! :)

Namroth
09-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Do you know some behindscene articel about this movie?

baby
09-01-2002, 04:50 PM
I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First trailer was short but very fun...
I hope they'll put it in theater in France...(veggitales does not exist here !!!)

Joel Hooks
09-01-2002, 05:24 PM
They have really ramped it up from the video releases. I love vegitales, I can't wait to see this.

Jhonus
09-01-2002, 10:50 PM
This is an interesting coincidence. Two years ago a guy who went to my school did a short film. The story was about Jonah and the Whale. He was also a Christian and heavily inspired by Veggie Tales.

Obviously he sent his demo-reel to Veggie Tales. Two years later......

Xilica
09-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Looks good to me. :thumbsup:

Joril
09-02-2002, 12:03 AM
Never heard of the movie before, but it sure looks funny.
I doubt it will be a big movie hit over here though, unless they hype it alot.

PNelson
09-02-2002, 01:28 AM
I hope that this film has HUGE box office success... Maybe it would show Hollywood that there is a demand for true family films.

If you haven't seen "The Rookie" with Dennis Quaid.. It's also a good family flick.

See Ya,
Philip Nelson
NewTek

Odett
09-02-2002, 05:03 AM
Veggie Tales!!!!

I wonder how much I will have to bribe my husband to take me to go see it.

Their episodes have always been well written for kids and adults ( remembers the x mas one about not having to be nice to the IRS) and their style is definetly all their own.

I would KILL to see some of the " making of"'s and such not.

and yes I like to talk to tomatoes... !

Mei
09-02-2002, 06:40 AM
aawwweee.......... vegetales??? I love them!! My fav character is JunioR!! haha... but i doubt they are going to show this movie here in sing.... hmm... i wonder.... think vegetales isn't popular here... meaning not a large grp of pple knows about it... but anyway.. hope to see jonah somehow!!

HapZungLam
09-02-2002, 05:54 PM
Well!, i didn't expect Big Idea is a BIG STUDIO. i am so stupid that trying to apply. Of cuz the result is getting ban!

Fuzer
09-02-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by PNelson
I hope that this film has HUGE box office success... Maybe it would show Hollywood that there is a demand for true family films.

I agree 100% :)

I'm glad to see a studio like Big Idea willing to take the risk.
It looks like they did a great job, and I can't wait to see it!
:bounce:

Mei
09-03-2002, 02:49 AM
trying to apply to??

JBarrett
09-04-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by jjburton
Wonder what rendering system their using. I know (read) they switched to Maya for animation from XSI a while back.

We use Maya for everything, including rendering. Compositing was done in Maya Composer, IIRC.

Originally posted by Krugar
This is an interesting coincidence. Two years ago a guy who went to my school did a short film. The story was about Jonah and the Whale. He was also a Christian and heavily inspired by Veggie Tales. Obviously he sent his demo-reel to Veggie Tales. Two years later......

Actually, the film has been in the works for about five years.

jjburton
09-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Jazbees, thanks for the answer to my question. I actually just got an email back from Mark Behm there at Big Idea. I had stumbled over his work this weekend and wanted to let him know how much I liked it.

I just checked out your work...very cool.

I hope to one day join your ranks there, so it's especially nice to see the work you did as a part of your application. By the way, what software do you use in your freetime for 3d?

Thanks.

JBarrett
09-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Mark does great work, doesn't he? I've still got a ways to go to catch up with folks like him, Keith Lango, and Michael Comet. I'm still humbled to be rubbing shoulders with these guys.

I'm glad you like my stuff. I use Animation:Master at home. I'm a little behind in personal projects, but hope to get some new stuff done soon.

jjburton
09-04-2002, 06:22 PM
Yeah...his work is phenomenal.

Aside-
If anyone wants to check it out, its at
Click Here! (http://www.markbehm.com/animation.html)

You don't have nearly as far as I have to go:)...but I'm working on it.

Yeah...I picked up Inspired 3d Animation today it had a chapter by Keith Lango, I'm gonna have to pick it up.

Did you do any work on "The Cheating Scales of Bullamanka"? It's my favorite so far:).

JBarrett
09-04-2002, 06:33 PM
I came on board too late to do any animation for the Bullamanka episode, so I was put to work "paint-fixing": manually painting individual frames to fix minor (and sometimes not-so-minor) render hiccups.

jjburton
09-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Cool...looking forward to seeing more of your work. Maybe in the forums?...hint, hint:rolleyes:

adam3d
09-22-2002, 08:40 AM
Big Idea used maya's renderer with lots of tweaks...good lord it needs it. they were Softimage 3D before using maya. XSI was never involved.

monotypic
09-25-2002, 09:48 PM
Woooooo its allmost here!!! yeah.. i love the fact that veggies are all maya... gives me hope that they might let me intern there in about 15 gazillian years if i keep practicing....

jjburton
09-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Adam, thanks for the correction. Article/book (don't remember) must have been wrong. I can't wait!

JBarrett
09-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by monotypic
Woooooo its allmost here!!! yeah.. i love the fact that veggies are all maya... gives me hope that they might let me intern there in about 15 gazillian years if i keep practicing....
...and if we ever do internships. I don't know about the past, but for the near future it's my understanding that internships here really aren't a possibility. That's based on what I've heard, anyway...it could always change...I'm not an official spokesperson...void where prohibited...etc.

monotypic
09-26-2002, 03:59 AM
awww.. that sucks... you guys are part of the reason i got started with 3d to begin with... i was there with my dad, and phil showed us around... i had stars in my eyes for days after that...i believe that was.. 2... maybe 3 years ago... *grins* i even made a little animation of bob and larry on a snowboard with my dad's laptop and a "special" version of 3d studio max on the way home. *pause for nostalgia* ahh. good times.. good times..

misc3d
09-29-2002, 01:04 AM
Their big film "Jonah" premiered in Chicago last thursday to a packed house. Friday morning, 35 very loyal people got laid off. No wrap party, 15% pay cuts for those who were "lucky" enough to stay, projects cut, and moralle crushed. Not the happiest place to work.

feefunk
09-30-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by misc3d
Their big film "Jonah" premiered in Chicago last thursday to a packed house. Friday morning, 35 very loyal people got laid off. No wrap party, 15% pay cuts for those who were "lucky" enough to stay, projects cut, and moralle crushed. Not the happiest place to work.

Welcome to the world of animation production... :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.