PDA

View Full Version : NEW Constantine TRAILER!

RobertoOrtiz
12-14-2004, 01:35 AM
http://constantinemovie.warnerbros.com/?frompromo=movies_comingsoon_constantine

-R

1001 JediNights
12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Mr. anderson...

Not sure if I'll see it but not a bad trailer.

titaniumdave
12-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Looks good but the reeves factor always scares me.

SheepFactory
12-14-2004, 01:55 AM
I cant wait to see this movie!

harlan_hill
12-14-2004, 04:15 AM
I did some work on this film earlier this year, and while it's not "awful" it's certainly not "great" either. The Reeves factor being the major "negative". Personally I rank this with Spiderman, Daredevil, etc... as another gimmicky comic book film filled with poor writing, unoriginality, but some nice F/X work.

That's all based on not having seen the final edit however - it could be a masterpiece if they roto'd out Keanu and replaced him with someone who can act. ;)

SheepFactory
12-14-2004, 04:53 AM
I did some work on this film earlier this year, and while it's not "awful" it's certainly not "great" either. The Reeves factor being the major "negative". Personally I rank this with Spiderman, Daredevil, etc... as another gimmicky comic book film filled with poor writing, unoriginality, but some nice F/X work.

That's all based on not having seen the final edit however - it could be a masterpiece if they roto'd out Keanu and replaced him with someone who can act. ;)

Do you know if all of the VFX done by ESC?

harlan_hill
12-14-2004, 05:18 AM
I'm really not certain, to be honest Sheep. My work was done during the filming/production phase.

Bonedaddy
12-14-2004, 06:47 AM
Nope. The place I work at has been involved with quite a few shots (over 100, I think? I'm on a different show there, so I'm not entirely sure). I think a number of houses worked on it, though I'd be hard pressed to name any besides mine off the top of my head.

This trailer has me reconsidering my stance on the film. Should at least have some neat set pieces. I am under the impression it's pretty much nothing like the comic, so if you're a Hellblazer fan, you may shed some tears.

b.Schulz
12-17-2004, 05:35 AM
looks interesting, i'll see it.

Solothores
12-17-2004, 06:08 AM
the trailer somewhat reminds me on matrix... coincidence? Unfortunately no Al Pacino as modern Lucifer in here... :/ Ah well, I will see it anyway. :beer:

soulburn3d
12-17-2004, 06:17 AM
I don't think they did all of them, but they did a huge number, it was the last show they worked on before they were closed.

- Neil

chromiumjade
12-17-2004, 06:20 AM
I'm a fan of Keanu Reeves (few girls can resist a tall, sullen man in floor length leather coats) but I must admit to be a little puzzled by his being cast. I've been following Constantine since Swamp Thing, through Sandman, and finally Hellblazer and I honestly don't know how he's going to pull it off.

I'll try to keep an open mind when I see it...just hope I can bury the skepticism far enough to try to see what Francis Lawrence's direction and script does to the character. (I know this is off-topic but I'm feeling leery of adaptations after having been bored-stooopid/made angry by that alleged Earthsea-thing on TV - grrrrr).

Selassie
12-17-2004, 09:15 AM
The trailer looks great.
If Keanu doesn't screw it up, This will (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1349376/otherworks).

Stimpy
12-17-2004, 09:19 AM
The trailer looks great.
If Keanu doesn't screw it up, This will (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1349376/otherworks).

if you were really familiar with the works of francis lawrence you would know that he has quite a talent for colors, sets, composition and style. i dont see how this could be a bad thing.

of course the same could be said for joseph khan who directed torque, but still i got high hopes for this movie. judging from the trailer it looks like a really nice popcorn flick.

Selassie
12-17-2004, 11:16 AM
I try to avoid MTV as much as possible, so i guess I am not really competent to comment on his works.
Who knows, Maybe it will be a masterpiece. I certainly didn't expect Joss Whedon would make Firefly.
Just a matter of taste i guess.

I haven't seen a single cigarette in the trailer. Constantine character is from California????
No wonder Alan Moore doesn't want anything to do with it.

Gentle Fury
12-17-2004, 11:52 AM
if you were really familiar with the works of francis lawrence you would know that he has quite a talent for colors, sets, composition and style. i dont see how this could be a bad thing.

of course the same could be said for joseph khan who directed torque, but still i got high hopes for this movie. judging from the trailer it looks like a really nice popcorn flick.
And what does any of that have to do with making a good movie? A good movie has good characters, a good story, and provokes an emotion. What you described is a good photographer.....not a good film maker.

Ross Forster
12-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Aswell as Esc, Tippet did their fair share of work too.

Stimpy
12-17-2004, 01:38 PM
And what does any of that have to do with making a good movie? A good movie has good characters, a good story, and provokes an emotion. What you described is a good photographer.....not a good film maker.

well its not like hes got any writing credit on it, so story and characters are not really up to francis lawrence. and as far as conveying emotions go, or adapting into picture what is written, i think that mr. lawrence has quite a nice visual style which would help these things.

and after all.. its a stupid action movie starring keana not some ww2 drama we are talking about. so much for emotions in the first place.

Cogliostros
12-17-2004, 03:10 PM
ESC did a load of the vfx work, as well as Tippett Studio finishing their work as you read this (well over 100+ shots, and the stuff looks great!). Proof did the previs, Stan Winston Studio did some awesome creature work, Other shops include CIS Hollywood, Hydraulx, and New Deal Studios.

looking forward to it,

Bonedaddy
12-17-2004, 04:21 PM
ESC did a load of the vfx work, as well as Tippett Studio finishing their work as you read this (well over 100+ shots, and the stuff looks great!). Proof did the previs, Stan Winston Studio did some awesome creature work, Other shops include CIS Hollywood, Hydraulx, and New Deal Studios.

looking forward to it,
I always get nervous saying which shop I worked for, and what jobs we have, but if it's public knowledge... yeah, CIS did over 100 shots, too. :) And Stan's creature work is pretty awesome, too (worked there before CIS).

Cogliostros
12-17-2004, 04:40 PM
but if it's public knowledge... yeah,
http://www.cinefex.com/upcoming/films/constantine.html (http://www.cinefex.com/upcoming/films/constantine.html)

:thumbsup:

thats cool Bonedaddy, I'd love to inquire about what sequences CIS was responsible for but yeah, :D... cheers man.

jake_$teed
12-17-2004, 06:06 PM

clearly written by someone who hasn't seen the film in it's entirety. and if you did, when did you see it? considering the edit isn't even locked yet. As for unoriginality, Francis Lawrence will be a force in films for years to come. Mark my words.

talos72
12-17-2004, 06:08 PM
No wonder Alan Moore doesn't want anything to do with it.

Alan Moore has pretty much removed himself from endorsing any movies based on his work, and for good reasons. Most directors have done a crappy job translating Moore's work. "Constantine" seems to be going the same route. I am also very nervous about the upcomming "Watchmen" movie!

Bonedaddy
12-17-2004, 06:19 PM
I can see you all getting worked up over the lack of faithfulness to the comic, but to be honest, the comic (especially the early ones, where I only read through the first 20 or so) bored me to tears. I did like the character, though, so as long as they keep his attitude mostly intact, I won't care if he's British, Californian, or eskimo. There are obviously some skilled hands guiding the trailer at least... so we'll see. Should be very pretty at least.

Grayscale
12-17-2004, 06:31 PM
While I am unsure how the movie will turn out, I'm planning on seeing it. Mainly because I enjoy being entertained without over analyzing everything. I normally support films that I know someone that worked on it. I had a buddy of mine work on this film, so for sheer purposes of support. I'll be there. If it entertains me...awesome. If it doesn't...then it doesn't. I still supported my bud.

Aruna
12-17-2004, 06:35 PM
clearly written by someone who hasn't seen the film in it's entirety. and if you did, when did you see it? considering the edit isn't even locked yet.
Are you sure? All our sequences have been locked.. And as well, there have been two audience screenings already. Some good and bad vibes from them.. I'm waiting for the release. It'll be here soon enough, but it's good to know that not everyone is hating this show before it even starts.

dotTom
12-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Love the rich colours in this trailer. The graphic novels are great - we'll see. I actually think Keanu is very well cast here, the only other person I think could carry this off this role would be Guy Pearce.

jake_$teed
12-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Are you sure? All our sequences have been locked.. And as well, there have been two audience screenings already. Some good and bad vibes from them.. I'm waiting for the release. It'll be here soon enough, but it's good to know that not everyone is hating this show before it even starts.some things are still being tweaked. but, fact is the first cut was in April, which is a long time ago in the creative process. and there have been 2 screenings. but that guy said he worked on it. so I'm wondering where they saw it, since both screenings were in bumf--k, nowheresville. and most companies just don't let employees watch a rough cut.I just hate it when people hate on a flick without seeing it. I've worked on stuff where sequences sucked, but the overall movie was great, and of course the great sequences on a crapola film.

harlan_hill
12-17-2004, 08:15 PM
clearly written by someone who hasn't seen the film in it's entirety. and if you did, when did you see it? considering the edit isn't even locked yet. As for unoriginality, Francis Lawrence will be a force in films for years to come. Mark my words.

Hey, screw you, learn to read!!! My post clearly says "That's all based on not having seen the final edit" - so what's your point, or are you just re-iterating what I said initially?

Then to question my integrity? Who do you think you are? I don't have to justify anything to you, but the fact is as soon as I wrapped work on Terminal (another sucky movie by the way), I moved over to Constantine were I had the opportunity to see Keanu suck firsthand. Francis is cool, but he can't compensate for Keanu sucking! Just imagine how much better Devil's Advocate would've been had Reeves not been in it!

My original post clearly said that Reeves was the negative of the film, and I also clearly stated that my work was done in the Production/Filming phase, right along side your buddy Francis.

Stimpy
01-05-2005, 07:42 AM
http://www.allocine.fr/webtv/acvision.asp?cvid=18373591&nopub=1&player=ASF&debit=H

new trailer. dont think it has been posted here before.

Tottebias
01-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Papa dun preach

janhath
01-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Looks pretty good,I'll probably see it eventully,probably on DVD.:) You just hope it will be better than what you would first expect.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.