PDA

View Full Version : Meet Nemoui, the 2nd character from the Kar series

lildragon
08-31-2002, 11:33 PM
Here he is, the concept art for Nemoui, he'll be posted on the making of kar site here http://www.kar.eyecandystudios.net with a full background story. I just thought I would show you guys first since I think of you all as my bredrens ;)

let me know what you think

http://www.kar.eyecandystudios.net/temp/nemoui.jpg

There will be 3 main characters in total for this series

salud!

Joril
09-01-2002, 12:30 AM
Looks like he could kick Kar's ass on raw strength.
Although it's not the best nor the worst sketch I've seen, I think gives a good idea of what the final will look like. As with Kar.
Anyway, don't just tease us with the sketches :D
I hope to see a wip thread about this character soon!
I think of you all as my bredrens
One big family dude, now give us a big hug ;)

jeroentje
09-01-2002, 08:52 AM
I agree with Joril on the sketching.

Maybe give him 4 toes instead of 3. Might sound stupid, but the number of toes and the number of fingers on a being are usually the same. (Even cats and dogs have the evolutionairy remaining of a big toe somewhere).

Anyway. Yes we are one big happy family here :love:

fellah
09-01-2002, 11:59 PM
I like the upper area alot, the head and the hair is really cool! and the little head on the big body is a nice touch for a character like this.
it's one of these sketches that isn't perfectly executed but you can see something really good in there anyway! and that is good, some good executed drawings lacks that interesting feel..

I'm more sceptical about the lower part of of the body though, agree about giving him the same amont of finger as toes.. maybe reduce the fingers to 3 and keep the toes? (looks like he already have 3 fingers on the right hand anyway)

btw, how's the size comparission against 'kar'?

now start modeling :wip: :)

take care
// fellah

lildragon
09-02-2002, 01:06 AM
Heya, thx guys, yeh I have to agree about the toes and such, I may just lose one finger all together and keep the amount of toes. That's why I love concept sketches, they just act as a guideling for modeling, if I were to go figure and say ink him for example, I would definitely spend more time on him.

Joril: As for kicking Kar's a$$ well heheh I dunno about that, Kar himself is a true tribesman, skilled hand to hand and melee warrior... very quick and agile, where as Nemoui is shear power and strength, one clean hit on Kar and Kar would seriously feel it :D ,tho he's not a dumb brute, far from it actually. more to come ;)

Fellah: He's pretty much the same height as Kar (roughly 7 feet) BUT Kar at full extension is around 8 feet. :)

thx again guys

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.