PDA

View Full Version : Plugged Articles History

salmonmoose
12-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Much as I love CG Talk, I don't always have time to trudge through the masses of information that is posted every day. Which is why I love the plugs so very very much.

However if you're away for a few days sometimes one will pass you by completely, and you miss out. Would it be at all possible to put a back (and forward) button on the sides of the plugged articles so you can go through the recent stuff?

Garma
12-13-2004, 11:10 PM
yea.. agreed. Or only plug threads that are in the cgchoice gallery?

salmonmoose
12-14-2004, 01:42 AM
My understanding is that plugged articles are not meant to necessarily be the best there is, but posess some element that deserves a look. They also occasionally include news articles etc.

JDex
12-14-2004, 02:50 AM
I'm up for a "Plugged" history... I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, especially with the Finished works hosting in place.

<yoda> A POLL! A POLL! You must post A POLL!</yoda>

Garma
12-14-2004, 08:27 AM
My understanding is that plugged articles are not meant to necessarily be the best there is, but posess some element that deserves a look. They also occasionally include news articles etc.

yea but they can change that.. but on second thoughts: never mind. I'm in for a plug history

pencil-head
12-14-2004, 09:08 AM
This is something cgtalk definitely needs.

jussing
12-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I've missed that feature too, so count me in. ;)

I feel it would be somewhat "against" what the mods want the plugs to be - because the plugs are not the CG choice awards, or any other award, but just a "heads up" of the day. And saving the links in an ever-accessible history will turn it into a "second CG choice award". So... I'm not sure we're gonna get that.

But still, I've been missing it for the exact same reason Antrent mentions. -When you come back after a week's vacation, you want to make sure you didn't miss out on anything important. You want to be up to date on the streets of CGTalk. :D

Cheers,
- Jonas

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.