PDA

View Full Version : WETA video of : Disney's THE LION, THE WITCH & THE WARDROBE

RobertoOrtiz
12-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Source: AICN
>>Link<< (http://bvbp-qt.vitalstream.com/LionWitchWardrobe/LionWitchWardrobe_BehindMagic_1500.mov)
-R

Wilson-3d
12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Looks great to me. All those characters running around should be sweet. It was fun to see some of the people that worked on the LOTR trilogy in some of the shots-oh yea I remember her.

daraand
12-14-2004, 12:27 AM
That is vry very cool.

i dont know if they can live up the greatness of the first movie though, the original. I was very little when I saw it but I loved it. and the books (although I havnet read them all yet :o) are genius

Very cool, its almost like LotR all over again..

FUG1T1VE
12-14-2004, 02:09 AM
simply amazing. When I heard of this remake, I thought "blah, another remake"-I wasnt aware weta was behind this film-but this... this looks very nice.

Joe_H
12-14-2004, 04:39 AM
I wasnt aware weta was behind this filmWeta Digital is not working on this film. Only Weta Workshop is working on it, creating some of the head animatronics, armor, and weapons. Rhythm & Hues is doing to digital effects, and I believe Imageworks in doing some as well.

Matt Leishman
12-14-2004, 06:10 AM
you are exactly right Joe. Weta Digital is not working on this film. Weta Workshop is doing a large amount of work in regards to the physical props involved with the creatures/characters. The visual effects are shared between Rhythm & Hues and Imageworks.

dimension10
12-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Turkish Delight!

DarkTure
12-14-2004, 08:42 AM
When I was little I loved these books and cartoons (probably still do if I read them and watch it again)

They better make a good job of it, or else :twisted:

harlan_hill
12-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Very Cool. I've always wondered how long it would be before these books were turned into some quality films. They've been around forever and a day; and they've always had that "harry potteresque" quality to them.

Tocpe
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
That looks pretty cool. Looks like the guys and gals at WETA Workshop are doing a great job as usual. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see a trailer. :applause:

Kenter
01-03-2005, 09:25 AM
you are exactly right Joe. Weta Digital is not working on this film. Weta Workshop is doing a large amount of work in regards to the physical props involved with the creatures/characters. The visual effects are shared between Rhythm & Hues and Imageworks.
Yup but thats some team! Downloading now,cant wait to get glimpse.I;ll check it now.:thumbsup:

Bentagon
01-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Weta Digital is not working on this film. Only Weta Workshop is working on it, creating some of the head animatronics, armor, and weapons. Rhythm & Hues is doing to digital effects, and I believe Imageworks in doing some as well.Did he say weta digital?

Anyhoo, haven't read the books (to be completely honest, I hadn't even heard from them before... :o), but this looks really promising. I love all the work they show in that video.

- Bentagon

FUG1T1VE
01-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Did he say weta digital?

Anyhoo, haven't read the books (to be completely honest, I hadn't even heard from them before... :o), but this looks really promising. I love all the work they show in that video.

- Bentagon I did. Whoa, didnt realise I did. hmmm

The books are more like childrens books, stuff you would read at an elementary level ages 5-10 or somewhere around there. Very good books, there is also an animated version of The Lion T..W..A..T..W.. a tv series and I think there was live action versions too, cant quite remember.

Fly3D
01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Probably my favorite set of books af all time. I was actually thinking of doing some CG on this theme. Just visuals that I've had in my head from the time I was a kid and first read the series. If you've never read these books...you should! Targeted at 5 to 10 year olds but like Harry Potter still wonderful for open minded adults. I think I'll start reading them to my kids. It'll give me an exuse to re-read them myself. :)

Can't wait for this!

stupidkiwi
01-04-2005, 02:07 AM
Weta Workshop is great, and many other great people are also working on it. What has been missed though is another great New Zealand Director, Andrew Adamson. This guy was the Co Director on Shrek and Shrek 2 (Though some may have realised I do not like Shrek 2).

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.