PDA

View Full Version : Duplicated Images Finder: Dup Detector freeware version 3.122

Self-Designer
12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
I have a collection of 7 GB of images, yeh, I know it's sick... And if you're like me, I bet you know that problem of having duplicates, and an harder one is those which are not exactly the same. So, today god decided to smile at me (oh well, it was my uncle in a matter of fact) and sent me a link for this freeware, yes freeware:

http://www.prismaticsoftware.com/Utility/Utility.html

I've checkted it and :drool: i'm druling all over. I was afraid my collection is too big, so i've tried it only on my landscapes section (1.4GB of 14,000 pics) and found more then 300 duplicates - And for now it did no mistakes - I'm f$%king amazed!!!

Not everyday I find see such a miracle.

So, welcome to the club and enjoy, good ppl! :D

Hugh-Jass
12-14-2004, 01:39 AM
clonespy... you can check for dupe anything...does checksums on files...you can set up two pools and tell it waht to do (like autodelete from pool two or defer to a batch file)

http://www.clonespy.com

I 've used it to consolidate my backup disks...extremely happy with it

Self-Designer
12-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks, I'll check this out. The only thing i don't like in that Dup Detector is that it shows you both photos in one window (too small for me, for checking which is better), and though u can choose full-screen for each, u can't jump between then by a click.

About the automate delete - there's such a thing in Dup Detector, didn't check it, because i'm... ah... well... I'm a fanat collector - I like to have the best copy of each of them - and not always the higher resolution or the bigger size is the best of them. I've seen photos that were resampled to be bigger, and they take more space oh the HD, but they're quality isn't better or even worse... I trust nobody but my own eyes! Unfortunately it consumes a lot of time from me... :S

oh well :)

-edit after checking "Clone Spy" -

Well, not really checking, but only looking at the site. It's totaly different man! Clone Spy will find any files with the same exact content, or files with the same name but with a small differences in the content.

Dup Detector will find files that are totaly different if you check their binary aspect - I mean, it doesn't look at them that way, but it checks the pixels! You can have a JPEG and a GIF in different resolution and one of them having a watermark of a wallpapers' site and he'll find them simliar and let you choose which of them you want to delete.

That's what i call "WOW" :)

percydaman
12-15-2004, 01:10 AM
I have a collection of 7 GB of images, yeh, I know it's sick... And if you're like me, I bet you know that problem of having duplicates, and an harder one is those which are not exactly the same. So, today god decided to smile at me (oh well, it was my uncle in a matter of fact) and sent me a link for this freeware, yes freeware:

http://www.prismaticsoftware.com/Utility/Utility.html

I've checkted it and :drool: i'm druling all over. I was afraid my collection is too big, so i've tried it only on my landscapes section (1.4GB of 14,000 pics) and found more then 300 duplicates - And for now it did no mistakes - I'm f$%king amazed!!!

Not everyday I find see such a miracle.

So, welcome to the club and enjoy, good ppl! :D
my god please tell me thats not all pr0n... :eek:

Self-Designer
12-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Hehe, that's all not pron at all. Maybe few of the 3d pics from CGtalk are a bit erotic ;) but you know, I take only the good ones... :) It's Landscapes, Animals, People (and not even naked!), art, statues, vehicles etc. etc... In a matter I stopped adding pics to there, 'cause i found myself not enjoying anymore trying to make order there and find duplicates (with no meens... or is it means? excuse my poor english :) )...

zappenduster
12-16-2004, 09:10 AM
hmm for that kind of problem i always used thumbsplus where you could only set the level of similarity to 1-100 but it worked great

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.