PDA

View Full Version : cloth on rigged character??

icedeyes
08-31-2002, 07:47 PM
I tried applying cloth to a rigged character and the cloth keeps falling of the character when he goes out of the default pose... Can anyone help me??? Thanks in advance...

macoy
09-01-2002, 02:56 AM
did u set the obstacle???

icedeyes
09-01-2002, 08:40 AM
I did set it as an obstacle and it does sit nicelly on the character when he is not animated. If i try to animae him, the cloth falls off, ignoring my character's position. The character is pre-rigged to the cloth appliance. Thanks again for any future help...

macoy
09-01-2002, 10:20 AM
"The character is pre-rigged to the cloth appliance"
dont get what u mean...

icedeyes
09-02-2002, 12:35 PM
The character is rigged with the bones and after this i create the cloth simulation.... The cloth simulation works if the character does not move... When he moves, it falls off...

macoy
09-02-2002, 12:38 PM
did u increase the iteration between frames? the default "1" maybe not be enough if ur character move fast.

icedeyes
09-02-2002, 09:25 PM
yes i did and even if it could not compute it real time, i set it on read and write so there is no problem there and even if there was, it would calculate it during rendertime and fix it.... but thanks for your reply anyway....

HapZungLam
09-03-2002, 12:57 AM
yes, the cloth in XSI always pisses me off. I did have the same problem with you. After 2 days of digging. i finally "give up".

I heard that XSI3 did fixed some of its problem. Im looking forward to that. (but not expecting any good)

macoy
09-03-2002, 02:11 AM
Did u enable animatable deformation for the obstacle?

icedeyes
09-03-2002, 05:46 AM
i will probably give up too in the end but i have to give it a go or else i will consider myself inadequate for the task, which is something that i am trying to avoid... And yes, I did activate animatable deformation as well as any parameter that could do any difference... This is one of the times that i run back to the manual and read all cloth related material in it... I have tried, I think, almost everything and it really is starting to piss me off... Thanks again for your replies guys....

Saturn
09-03-2002, 09:28 PM
you have probably activated self collision on the cloth.
Desactivate it, and you can move your charater, cloth will follow.

saajjj
09-06-2002, 09:26 AM
hello... after u've put the cloth on the chracter.. take a couple of points on the cloth area near the neck where the cloth is always stable.. and make a local cloth cluster outta them.. n then constrain that cluster to the neck.. set obstacles as u normally do.. and it should work fine. increase the subdivs or increase sampling.. at a nice balance u'll get optimal render speed.

hope this helps
saajjj

to make local cloth cluster.. just select the points and right click and select local cloth cluster.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.