PDA

View Full Version : lipsyncing a sample from fight club

sammokablamo
12-13-2004, 08:00 AM
this is my first lipsync and real attempt at animation, i'm pretty happy with it. This is a low poly playblast of it. It's sort of a characature of myself lipsynced to a sample of brad pitt in fight club. feedback on the animation would be greatly appreciated.

http://samwey.diseasedmind.com/films/blast15.avi

Mungo J
12-13-2004, 07:38 PM
im having trouble with the d/l...

love to see it tho - fight club is a great film, we have an essay on auteurs this semester, so i've gotta write about fincher... ace director. hope your animation would make him proud :)

have you read the book? i haven't but it's gotta be good...

do you have anywhere else you can host the movie?

KevinKraeer
12-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes, it does download, but I'm getting 1-4k a second. I can wait...will edit with crits when it's up.

.:ZRDwD:.
12-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Hmmm...

Going on 30 minutes. I hope this finishes before I have to go to the 2nd job.

I love Fight Club, and really want to see what you came up with.

KevinKraeer
12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
I hope you don't mind, I'll host a mirror:

http://www.kraeeranimation.com/blast15.avi

The character looks nice so far. My sound card at work is a mess, so i couldn't hear very well...but I think the mouth movements at the part where he says "Spiritual" are a little over-exaggerated.

Keep it up!

sammokablamo
12-13-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm hosting it off a friend's server and it's not the fastest thing ever. I'm really sorry about the slow download times and I really appreciate the patience of those of you who are waiting it out.

and in reply to mungo j, i haven't read the book, although I'd like to. I recently watched the movie again and thought it would be a good sample to use. I don't have anywhere else to host my film. I guess it's about time I finally paid for for some good hosting. concerning fincher, I agree, definitely very talented

I tried to upload a lower quality but fully rendered version, but i don't think i have my permissions set right and access to the server is so slow... it's a 1.5 meg mov the previous one was a 5 meg avi. if this one works; great, if it doesn't: I apologize again for my ineptitude. http://samwey.diseasedmind.com/films/uglysammotest.mov

.:ZRDwD:.
12-13-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm willing to wait this out.

Still got 1hr 1min to go (23% finished after close to 40-50 min). But, I have to head to work again.

Yeah, if I were you, I would think of another server. Heck, perhaps even Yahoo's paid hosting plans, if ya want to save money.

sammokablamo
12-13-2004, 10:31 PM
woah! thanks for the mirror! you're so generous! I think you're right about "spiritual"... maybe I jump to the EEE sound of "spiritual" too drastically. I'll continue to tweak it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.