PDA

View Full Version : "Love Among the Silverware"-Animated Short

ReBootedOne
12-13-2004, 12:02 AM
Hiya folks,

Well, I've started work in the last week or two on what looks like may end up as my first actually completed CG project.

Here's the premise:
Take the set-up of "forbidden love" (Romeo/Juliet style) and put it into the world of silverware, (fork/spoon=Montague/Capulet :P), throw in an evil figure of da knife who wants to split 'em up, and you get "Love Among the Silverware"
Modelling, texturing, animation, lighting, etc. all done by me....
Pics are attached....

Crits are utterly and totally appreciated... I should have something of more substance to show eventually....

-The ReBooted One

KevinKraeer
12-13-2004, 07:07 PM
Looking good. It is very early, so I hesitate to comment on anything....but I will say that the lighting right now is a little harsh, and comes off as sort of 'flat'.

I think you can add more character by staying away from procedural/tiled textures for the counter and painting some more realistic stuff in Photoshop.

Nice idea, looking forward to new developments!

ReBootedOne
12-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Ah, you are talking about the "marble" countertop, correct?
Yeeah, that was one of the first things on my list of correction. I'm tryin' to see what I can cook up with my WACOM tablet and Photoshop. :)
In regards to the lighting, this actually all takes place at night/twilight. The only good render I've done with the new lighting scheme is that nighttime one with the knife, fork, and spoon in it....

Thanks for the comments

-The ReBooted One

ace4016
12-14-2004, 06:43 AM
Nice story line, I can't wait to see updates. The tile on the wall looks a bit funny, but I'm sure your working on it. To early to say anything else.

ReBootedOne
12-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Yeah, as I said before, those are kinda old pics.... Turns out I actually had the bumpmapping backwards, so the grout was popping out rather than the tile. :)
All fixed now, though, as is the overall lighting. I should have some new shots to show sometime later tonight... I hope.
Thanks for the words. :)

-The ReBooted One

ReBootedOne
12-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Whoopsies, double post....

ReBootedOne
12-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Okay, got all the modelling and lighting finished here....
I've started work on some animatics to work out the timing. I'm having SO much fun with this project. :)

ace4016
12-21-2004, 02:32 AM
looks good, the whole concept is kinda funny. Cant wait to see the animation, animating is always fun (until you get stuck).

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.