PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto saves a family from home invasion... true story!

FloydBishop
12-12-2004, 06:40 PM
This story won't get the coverage that the negative ones do, so I thought I'd post it here.

"Back in March, Sandy Wilson was taking care of her three grandsons when a group of men attempted to burglarize her home, pointing a gun at the kids. The children happened to be playing a video game called Grand Theft Auto at the time. The game has dozens of random police scanner messages, which blare out calls such as "This is the police! You�re surrounded!" Believe it or not, Wilson says the burglars heard that message and thought police were outside the door waiting for them."

Full story:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/121104_local_videogame.html

titaniumdave
12-12-2004, 06:44 PM
That is such a good story, to bad it won't be on the news.

Pinoy McGee
12-12-2004, 10:32 PM
The children happened to be playing.... an M rated game.

Dearmad
12-12-2004, 10:35 PM
The wrong game in the right place can make all the difference.

Dias
12-13-2004, 11:37 AM
The wrong game in the right place can make all the difference.
Lol, Half Lie. :cool:

scoogee
12-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Heh, in the story, I thought the burglars were going to come in and start playing until the poilice arrived. Sadly, this is not Police Academy.

I don't think I would run that type of story on public television. It just gives the criminals one other thing to look out for.

Ghostscape
12-13-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't think I would run that type of story on public television. It just gives the criminals one other thing to look out for.
If you were the news media, I don't think you'd run this story. Not because of any "safety" issues, but because the news media only reports stories that speak out against violent videogames, because it's a relatively safe topic for them, and garners valuable human interest stories.

scoogee
12-13-2004, 08:23 PM
If you were the news media, I don't think you'd run this story. Not because of any "safety" issues, but because the news media only reports stories that speak out against violent videogames, because it's a relatively safe topic for them, and garners valuable human interest stories.
that's a good point Ghostscape. Stupid news only caring about the majority of negative events.

faulknermano
12-15-2004, 05:47 AM
unless you're running a humor column...

StephanD
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Good story.

I can't believe some people can't just look at Gta as a game and one of the best in many people's opinion(Vice city that is).

Still,I understand it's just differences between people,I mean,I like this game for about the same reasons some people don't

-big Hollywood cast

-commercial music

-thugs at war

-gameplay of course

Who could ask for more? :)

Dearmad
12-15-2004, 04:39 PM
that's a good point Ghostscape. Stupid news only caring about the majority of negative events.

Even though the post overlooks the fact that the story is reported by "the news." :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.