PDA

View Full Version : Creature Climb

skellybobbly
12-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey folks,

Here's my latest animation..

Created in Max.
An exercise focusing on weight shifts and a sense of 'effort'.

http://www.blowtorch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/...torch_Climb.mov (http://www.blowtorch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/animation/Blowtorch_Climb.mov)

What do you think? ;)

Cheers

Jon

Rio Yeti
12-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Nice animation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "effort". As your character doesn't seem to really be struggling.
I think you can really feel the weight, and the animation is quite flawless, but if you had to model the character I guess he would be pretty strong, as he climbs pretty easily.

It's not wrong at all, depends on what was your intention :)

M.E.L.
12-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Very nice, clean animation!

Just two things that really stuck out for me in the video..When he first jumps up and clings to the wall, his left foot is placed, but then slides down for some reason (it looks like he has a firm plant there because the the way he attaches on). He places his foot there again when making the next step up so maybe if you left the foot there in it's original position? Second thing was roughly his 3rd move up the wall, the left foot really 'slams' down...I think if you moved it to a bit higher of a position (maybe a few cm's up the wall) it would really take away from that and also give the character a bit more feel (when climbing you need to really offset yourself back and forth, if your feet are caught together on the same ledge you're going to have some issues!). Other than that, really great piece!

Heber G Conde
12-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Great animation!

In my opinion you certanly reach the goals of your exercise!

Congratulations, great job!

Heber

skellybobbly
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to view my animation and for the feedback.

Cheers

Jon

coolwizj
12-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Awesome animation! Keep up the good work!

- Ian

RaoUUUL
12-17-2004, 04:45 AM
hiya, just, one comment, if i may, the character looks like he isnt climbing a wall, not much struggle lifting himself oh say 170 pounds, it looks as if the camera were looking downwards onto a floor and he were crawling.

but yes the animation does look fluid, nice job.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.