PDA

View Full Version : Premiere Pro + Cinepak = bad idea?

-Vormav-
12-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey. I'm getting some wierd results when exporting to avi with the cinepak codec in Premiere. After exporting, there's a strange pattern of messed up frames. Every 20 seconds or so, I get one or two frames where the frames seem to have been scaled down horizontally. That's the best way I can think of describing it, at least.
All of the other formats I've tried exporting to work just fine- uncompressed avi, quicktime video, etc. And I'd definitely go with another file format, but my instructor has specifically asked for us to encode our videos with the cinepak codec.

Are there any settings that might affect this? Incase it matters, the footage I've imported into Premiere is just an uncompressed avi file, though I've experienced this same problem before with all other kinds of footage that I've messed with - targa sequences, etc.

EDIT: Nvm. Turns out that it was the pixel aspect ratio; the video I had imported had a square (1.0) aspect ratio, and I was exporting to 0.9. Changing the export setting on that fixed the problem. I'm still not completely sure if Premiere can even properly output to Cinepak in .9 though. Because like I said before, I had tried this with image sequences, and encountered the same problems.http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

mar-one
12-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Have you tryed creating a custom project with the setting you need to output with?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.