PDA

View Full Version : Tack on another one

SovereignKnight
12-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Yet another convert. I pulled the trigger and purchased 4.2 tonight. I've been playing around with the demo for some time now and decided that XSI was probably the most powerful of all the 3D packages available.

I'm primarily a texture artist. I can't model to save my life. I can make pretty good spheres and boxes, but that's about it. This led me to messing around with the whole "tree" system that XSI offers, and let me tell you, I've never seen a more intuitive and professional way to create and apply textures. I love the flowchart appearance and the level of absolute control it gives me. I'll definitely be investing lots of time with this.

Lots of options. Lots of possibilities. Huge level of control. Almost endless options.

I like it.

leigh
12-12-2004, 02:59 PM
As a texture artist here too, I also fell in love with the Render Tree system :) It's so intuitive and such a pleasure to work with. The UV mapping toolset is second-to-none as well, in my opinion.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.