PDA

View Full Version : new site & a trailer

anieves
08-31-2002, 03:03 PM
hey guys, I finally posted my new site. I posted the URL in the General forum... 60 views no responses.

In the 3d animation portfolio you'll find a new trailer for a short I'm doing. Would you check it out? 3d all done in LW, some post in AFX.

original thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19351)

my new site (http://www.motionblurstudio.com)

proton
08-31-2002, 03:18 PM
Great Flash site.....look for some cool flash source files from the LW site soon....

FLOw
08-31-2002, 03:46 PM
cool site...don't like the fact that you can't download tha movies, but have to watch them in quicktime...:shrug:

anieves
08-31-2002, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the comments, I spent a lot of time developing the flash site, glad you guys like it.

You can get the movies from the temp folder in explorer if you don't have QT pro... but I guess I can add a download button to a zipped file... or something like that...

when I finish the movie I'll release it as MPG4 movie. Might release it in Divx if requested and I'll try to encode it with virtual PC... or maybe a voluteer can encode it for me.

what do you think about the teaser???

FLOw
08-31-2002, 06:12 PM
all I remember from the movie I saw on your site was...the fish "intro" was alitle too long...the paricles from the sub/boat/whatever she was driving, were surface particles (lightwave..) right?...they cast a shadow on the ocean floor, didn't like them, try sprite...but you'r probably done with those scenes allready :)
I wanna be able to do caustics and columetric lightning effects like the ones in the fish intro...damn it, need those skills! :lightbulb :applause: :D

Bytehawk
08-31-2002, 10:40 PM
I couldn't get into your site, after I push the enter button a blank page comes up.

maybe you have to think about the people with firewalls and popup blockers and provide an alternative entrance for them or you'll lose viewers

Chewey
08-31-2002, 11:40 PM
Pretty nice stuff.

I'm not too fond of Flash sites in general. I'm lately finding the entire flash bag of tricks to be a bit too gimmicky, intrusive and overdone for sites where the visitor just needs to get on, view some examples and getoff without the big song and dance routine.

Just my lonely opinion and 2 cents.

jecal
09-01-2002, 01:45 AM
nice site + nice movie :thumbsup:

anieves
09-01-2002, 03:58 AM
Hey thaks for the comments guys. I am working on the issues...

Bytehawk: don't know if you have flash, you do need it to view the site after you click enter you just go to a different page, not a pop up. the only pop-ups in the site are for the movies themselves, that way the viewer doesn't have to hit the back button and have the site re-load, they just close the window.
A firewall shouldn't affect it... I think... If you can see the first page then you should be able to see the other page if you have flash.

I have created a dedicated page for the short. Maybe that way I won't confuse people on where to get the movie. I used a pop up for the movie tho, have to recycle as much as possible and get on with animating...

A Step Below teaser (http://www.motionblurstudio.com/asb/)

Let me know what you think...

proton
09-01-2002, 04:30 AM
If it was create dwith Flash MX and the end user has Flash 5 player.....they will get a white page with no error....sounds like that is the problem...I experienced that when I made the switch from 5 to MX

Bytehawk
09-01-2002, 12:23 PM
I have flash, the latest. I am a webdevelopper myself.

You use javascript to open up new pages. That don't work with Zonealarm and a lot of other 'security' proggies !

Same for your splash page with link to the movie.

Just to let you know, I know how to get in. 90 % of the people visiting who get this error won't bother looking further, that's a loss for you! Webdesign is still about accessing information, if visitors can't get to the information they leave (count the clicks, if you have to click more than 4 times there's a big dropoff in interest).

nice site btw

anieves
09-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Alright, lets see, I did use flash mx for the flash stuff, that's the main reason for the splash page...you know you need this and that; now, I updated the movie page and now it doesn't have a pop up... you'll have to go back if you wish, that should solve most of the problems for that particular issue.

For the main site... it'll have to stay like that until I get some time to figure out what to do with pop-ups. Our research at work suggest that most of the visitors do have Javascript enabled... don't know anything about security proggies will talk about that with the web master.

A Step Below (http://www.motionblurstudio.com/asb)

Kaiser_Sose
09-01-2002, 04:57 PM
Ya, it is known that zonealarm causes problems with javascript pages. They promised to fix it but they are taking their sweet time

Send a message to them and they will confirm the problem ... they will probably give the code to work around it too because I know there is a fix

Lizard Head
09-01-2002, 05:40 PM
Nice site! nice work, cant say I really care for flash, tend to think it is overused and boring, I tend to prefere Great layout and Great content but thats just me.

Adios
Lizard*

proton
09-02-2002, 07:48 AM
Lizard....some of the best layout and content can be found in Flash files....

I have to agree that sometimes flash is overused and it more flash then design....but that goes for HTML sites as well...it's all about the designer...

dark_lotus
09-02-2002, 12:33 PM
I didn't get to watch the teaser - I'm on 56k here. I usually pop the url into getright and leave it on overnight.

Any chance of getting the movie URL, or is it embedded in Flash?

Beautiful Site though

LNT
09-02-2002, 01:18 PM
I'm probably another one of those who clicked on the link,saw flash welcome screen,clicked on that too,it started flashing a bit and then I got to your animation page,saw it was a nondownloadable QT movie and kind of decided to wait until you make an html page with a "rightclick-save as" DivX ;)

speed is not an issue in my case,I'm on a 8MB/sec connection but I cant afford to sit and wait for the streaming QT movies,they put me off

wait a minute,it loaded while I woz typin'! :)

well,lemme see...

I liked the little robot clip,he's cute
you're more into animation than modeling perfection and that's good I think
you shoulda given credit to MethodMan though

Kaiser_Sose
09-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by dark_lotus

Any chance of getting the movie URL, or is it embedded in Flash?

Here you go, after a little disecting ...

http://www.motionblurstudio.com/videos/asb_teaser.mov

anieves
09-02-2002, 03:10 PM
HEY You guys are watching the REEL not the Teaser!!!! The Reel is 15 Megs but the teaser is about half that...

Thanks for posting the URL Kaiser_sose, that is the correct movie...

I confused you all sending you to the flash site sorry about that.

dark lotus: thanks for the comments. I made an html page for the movie so there is no need to waste your time in the flash site if you don't want to. You can bookmark it if you wish, for later...

A Step Below (http://www.motionblurstudio.com/asb)

I also put it in the signature for an easy link. I'll be updating that page with screen shots and that sort of thing...

LNT: That is the Reel you saw 8-) hummm... Who is Methodman??? Never heard of him... I designed that bot a year ago while waiting in the unemployment office after I was laid off...There were two ladies yapping and yapping and I made sketches of little bots saying SHUT UP 8)

Post his URL I would like to check out his stuff. I guess I can post the sketches of the little bugger.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.