PDA

View Full Version : Second BlendShape Node not Deforming

McC
12-11-2004, 09:06 PM
It seems I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle. I went through and rigged up my character, painted weight maps, and so on, added the blendShape node for the mouth, did the animation for the lipsynching, etc, etc, no problem. Now I want to add another blendShape set for facial expression, but one of two things happens: 1) the new node takes over from the joint deformations and lipsynching blends or 2) the new node doesn't function at all. I've tried fiddling with the connections in the Hypergraph. The connections between the new blendShape (blendShape4) and the old node (blendShape3) are now correctly connected (blendShape#.outputGeometry[0] -> skinCluster1.input[#].inputGeometry), but the difference between them is that the new node has some funky grey connections called "blendShape4GroupParts." I suspect whatever this is (I checked the help file, but frankly didn't understand the purpose of these nodes) it's generating my hiccup. Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

john_homer
12-12-2004, 06:59 PM
you need your blendshapes to be "parallel". or do it as 1 blendshape node.
check the archives and read the docs...

.j

Pickman
03-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Hello there, I know you have to set your different blendshape nodes to parallel in order to make them work properly, but will that change the evaluation of the blendshape node with the mesh, will it still be evaluated before ? like a "front of chain" evaluation mode ??

THX guys, not clear about this one :-)
[24h later]

I had 3 blendshapes nodes on the body and set the first to front of chain and the other two to paralllel, and that just seems to work fine. So I'll stick to that method.

ciao

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2005, 10:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.