PDA

View Full Version : Why Canada, and why video games?

Ryan-B
12-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Why Canada, and why video games?
Canada's appeal to the booming industry is partly due to the relative value of our dollar and to government tax incentives, especially in Quebec, that refund labour costs.

But Ron Bertram, general manager of Nintendo of Canada, said video-game companies are recruiting workers and running successful studios here primarily because “you go where the talent is, and there is a lot of talent in Canada.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041211.wxvideo1211front/BNStory/Front/

alphatron
12-11-2004, 09:21 PM
The top 3D development companies are located in Ontario and Quebec as well (Alias, Softimage, Side Effects, Discreet), although I don't know if this has much bearing.

bentllama
12-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Cool article for every Canadian animator and games artist out there...but a horrible pic of me. I hate photo shoots. :)

Let's take over games like we took over film and TV. ;)

Analog-42
12-12-2004, 08:14 AM
this is awsome..see im still young 16 and i wanted to get a career in design or 3d and i was wonderin if how canada was with all this.. Thanks alot for the news

Ollarin
12-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Awesome article! I'm planning to migrate to Canada, when i have the chance.

Hey Bent! You're exactly as i pictured you! A silhouette. :p

bentllama
12-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Awesome article! I'm planning to migrate to Canada, when i have the chance.

Hey Bent! You're exactly as i pictured you! A silhouette. :p
nah. that is not me...they used an ugly snapshot of me for the frontpage link to the article. I have the pic up on my website...so I can get teased some more... ;)

Ollarin
12-12-2004, 10:55 AM
nah. that is not me...they used an ugly snapshot of me for the frontpage link to the article. I have the pic up on my website...so I can get teased some more...
*Shuffles to Bent's site*
Hahaha! Oh man, i am so going to tease you when i see that picture!

*Looks at picture*
*Breaks into a cold sweat*

They weren't joking when they said you look like a rugby player...You could pound little ol'me to pulp. :(

You look like a bit like my uncle. O_o

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.