PDA

View Full Version : Keymap problem?

zcardosa
12-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Ive had this small problem since i upgraded to XSI 4.2
it seems that after using the region render tool a few times
during a session, suddenly at one point i wont be able to access
the region render tool by using the 'q' key short cut. It just stops recognising
the keymap even tho it looks fine in prefs. Only way to solve it is to
restart xsi. This doesnt occur in XSI 4.0
Anyone else having this problem?

wmendez
12-11-2004, 08:12 PM
See if recreating your user profile for 4.2 solves the problem

Remove the 4.2 folder in c:\users\username\Softimage\ (if you have any addons, shaders, etc installed, make a backup)

JDex
12-11-2004, 08:19 PM
This is a quark I have run into before... I submitted it as a bug way back in 3.0... the fix is:

Just click on the Region button in the Render toolbar and select (the already checked) Render Region Tool... the cursor will reset to the way it should be and carry on. Hopefully fixed someday.

The preferences folder has nothing to do with it... I couldn't pinpoint the cause, but it seems somehow related to extensive use of Render Region commands in a short period of time.

zcardosa
12-12-2004, 04:05 PM
yeah jdex that's what i do most of the time when i cant be bothered to
restart xsi, but it is still kinda annoying. I cant seem to reproduce it in
XSI 4.0 tho? very odd

Ablefish
12-24-2004, 09:10 PM
What I always found caused it (and it may still do this) is using Shift-Q to hide/unhide the region. This has been there since 1.5 at least...

JDex
12-25-2004, 05:47 AM
What I always found caused it (and it may still do this) is using Shift-Q to hide/unhide the region. This has been there since 1.5 at least...
I doubt that's the sole cause... since I've never used that command.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.