PDA

View Full Version : creating a pose library

cptbavo
12-11-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm trying to create a pose library for a character, however I do not have a full skeleton completely connected. I have joints parented to non-renderable boxes so no joints are actaully connected, ie. the spine is one seperate joint srting, as is the arm and so on. How do I create a pose library without have one whole character? I'm running 5.0 complete on a mac.

macaroniKazoo
12-13-2004, 01:15 AM
i'm not quite sure what you mean, but you can create pose libraries using either character sets, or you can use the write pose feature of zooXferAnim (http://www.macaronikazoo.com/mel/download/zooXferAnim.zip). you can pretty quickly write and load poses with it. the advantage it has over character sets is that you can do it using any objects - they don't have to be part of a character set - plus you can easily change the mapping which is useful for using the same poses across different rigs.

cptbavo
12-14-2004, 04:24 AM
Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.