PDA

View Full Version : FF7: Advent Children- New/Better Quality TGS2004 Trailer

teknotek83
12-11-2004, 03:43 AM
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Click enter, go to the trailers section, and select the first button. It's about four minutes long. Oh yeah, the release has been postponed to 2005. Probably in time for the US release of the SONY PSP.

ambient-whisper
12-11-2004, 08:33 PM
the flash download sucked.... but the trailer was neat. :) definitely feels FF.

Kaszub
12-11-2004, 08:51 PM
If you want to have this realy interesting trailer on your hard drive I recommend this link:

http://files.filefront.com/Official_TGS_4_Minute_Trailer/;3758017;;/fileinfo.html

:)

cheers,
Szymon

mmkelly011881
12-11-2004, 08:55 PM
wow i have absolutely no idea what was happening there... but i liked it

Dennik
12-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Can a Japanese in these forums tell us whats that trailer all about? The character animation feels quite natural, although its obviously mocap for the most part.
Also the whole scenery is awfully gray. Way too much gray. But i still like it. Can't wait. :scream:

eliseu gouveia
12-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Aaaaaaaaaand I´m happy to inform you all that my understanding of the japanese language has reached an all-time high!
From the dialogues in this superbulastic trailer I managed to understand exactly the following words:

Korude = Cloud
Tomodachi = friend
WHOO-HOO! Yes, I am officially ready to move to Tokyo now.:beer:

WeirdoStudio
12-12-2004, 05:27 AM
heres another link to the trailer bittorent (http://a.scarywater.net/aone/%5BAonE%5D_Final%20Fantasy_VII_AC_Trailer_2_%5BB1D7F341%5D.avi.torrent)

Dennik
12-12-2004, 05:37 AM
Ok, here is a brief description of the story gotten from IMDB:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking place two years after the events of the multi-million dollar hit videogame "Final Fantasy VII". Cloud Strife, ex-SOLDIER, and mercenary, struggles with his past, and decides to live a solitary life, in a peaceful town with orphans. Then one ordinary day, Cloud recieves a phone call for a job asking protection from a mysterious man named Kadaj. Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo, all brothers, begin searching for their "Mother", and soon decide to invade the orphanage where Cloud resides. Tifa Lockheart, appears in the film; still working at 7th heaven she keeps an eye on Marlene (Barret's daughter) and other orphans as well. Vincent Valentine, one of the hidden characters in Final Fantasy VII, apppears to be living in solitude as well, with some information regarding the scheme formed by Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo. Barret Wallace, another character among the many in Final Fantasy VII. Barret seems to be wandering the world in search of a better energy source than Mako (energy that was used by the Shinra Corporation, infused in humans to make them better). Reno, Rude, Denzel, Zack, Aeris and Sephiroth as well!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess we won't understand much if we werent following the Final Fantasy series... :hmm:

eliseu gouveia
12-13-2004, 03:14 AM
Now I know what Square folks meant when they said this film was aimed at the FF7 fans.

Anyone who didn´t get to play it when the game came out will feel as baffled as a cheerleader watching a Star Trek movie.:)

neonhomer
12-13-2004, 04:46 AM
Here's a little transcript of the trailer originally from http://forums.adventchildren.net/showthread.php?p=789817

----------
Tifa
He's not here anymore.
Denzel
Cloud...where's he?
----------
WCM
We're investigating the influence Sephiroth has left behind on the world.
And what do you think we found?
-----------
Marlene
This is the same as Denzel's ... does this mean that Cloud's sick too?
Tifa
He plans to fight alone...
Marlene
...fight?
Tifa
That's not it. He's not going to put up a fight at all.
----------------
WCP
Kadaj and his gang are young and fierce. Thus, this makes them extremely dangerous.
Cloud
Kadaj...?
WCP
No one else but you can do this.
Please, 'EX-SOLDIER' Cloud.
---------------
Loz
Where's mother?
Yazoo
You've hidden her from us, haven't you, Brother?
---------------
Kadaj
We need the power that "Mother" has. It's needed for the Reunion, no matter what.
-----------------
Marlene
Cloud!
Tifa
Run!
--------------
Vincent
'Geostigma' is when your body has overworked itself purging wicked substances from within itself.
There's something that resembles the lifestream flowing within our bodies, and that's what's fighting the evil substances that have intrude within.
----------------
Kadaj
But the planet doesn't like that.
It's trying to stop us by racking our bodies with pain, filling our hearts with doubt.
However, I can save you all.
So, let us all go to where Mother is!
Fight with us and "Mother" altogether as a family, to bring this whole stinkin'
Planet DOWN TO ITS GODDAMNED KNEES!
----------
Cloud
I don't think I can save anybody...not family, not comrades...no one.
----------
Zack
Hey, Cloud, what do you plan to do when we get to Midgar...
...we're friends...right?
---------------
Tifa.
..were we overcome by our memories?
----------
Kadaj
I knew you'd come!
Cloud
I'm just here to get the kids...
Kadaj
This person here...I'm telling you he's actually our brother!
But then... ..regretfully, he turned traitor on us.
----------
Aerith
So you've come, huh?
Even though in doing so, it's tearing you apart...huh?
--------
Vincent
...the one which suffers the heaven, an abomination like no other: Jenova.
Depending on its whim, a second Sephiroth can be created.
---------
Barret
Marlene's OK, isn't she? HUHHN?!
Yuffie
Alright , who's been messin' with my Materia?
---------
Yazoo
Hey, this is so much fun, isn't it?
Reno
Fun, my ass!
----------
Kadaj
Mother!
----------
Tifa
The strong feelings that we had 2 years ago during the final battle, feels like
they have dulled somewhat now, 2 years down the road.
But now, it seems as though they have been brought back to life within Cloud.
---------
???
I...
...won't be just a memory.

-Vormav-
12-13-2004, 05:04 AM
still working at 7th heaven
http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif Anyone else raise an eye brow upon reading that?

...Nobody?

eliseu gouveia
12-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Neonhorner, you´re a lifesaver! Temples will be built in yout honor!! :)

http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif Anyone else raise an eye brow upon reading that?

...Nobody?
Well, I know I did :)

Yeah, her sector of the city was destroyed in the first portion oif the game and Midgar itself was levelled in the end, but she could very well have rebuilt it in another sector of the ruined city.

My Fault
12-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Wow, they really must've listened to all the complaints from the first film. Beautiful looking trailer and it makes me want to learn more about the history behind Final Fantasy. Anyone have a street date for this.

Two small complaints, this from the torrent trailer listed above.

The sub was just horrible, made the story seem cheesy, which I'm sure it isn't. Always make me laugh when people say subbing is so much better then dubbing but both tend to suffer from horrible translations. Almost like they try to stay too true to the literal translation rather then being true to the intent.

Secondly, wow some of the voices were hideously bad. Seems like some bad casting choices.

Those two quibbles aside, I can't wait to see this on the big screen!

Tirjasdyn
12-13-2004, 08:16 PM

...Nobody?Besides that it was destroyed early in the game and half the characters mentioned are dead?
Or the ending shot 500 years later is that city completely overgrown with vegetation...

Nope note at all....:rolleyes:

eliseu gouveia
12-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Final Fantasy-Advent Children takes place 2 years after the Meteor incident, so most of the cast is still very much alive (though I must say Yuffie doesn´t seem to have aged a DAY since FF7).

I wouldn´t want to live there for all the gil in the world, but I can understand that Midgar´s inhabitants would want to try to rebuild their city (and, judging by the RedXIII film 500 years later, fail miserably).

Clanger
12-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Well, I must say I loved the trailer, so good I didn't laugh at the ridiculously large swords this time.
Still not sure about the male hero's looking like little girls though, must be my age hero's are supposed to look like Desperate Dan.

mopelie
12-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Well that was my first time to see the trailer and maybe I am still in shock I can't find anything, to me, that looks bad. I think it looks amazing and looks far better then first one (at least story wise). As posted earlier, it does have a more FF feel to it. I for one am very ready to see it.

stucco

opus13
12-14-2004, 09:04 PM
i sure can see some wrong things.

so far im halfway to impressed:

1. the color scheme is all washed out. the primary colorization is grey and bland.

2. the eyes are suffering from 'polar express syndrome'. they look like zombies. the physical animation looks sweet, but the faces on the adults are crap.

3. the motorcycles look like toys in motion. there is no feeling of weight or mass, and breaks any illusion immediately.

eliseu gouveia
12-15-2004, 02:45 PM
I´ve grown to accept the bishonen thing in the japanese anime/manga culture.

It really gets annoying after a while, but if heroes with girly faces is what rocks their boats, hey, to each their own.

Taria
12-31-2005, 08:06 AM
aww come on now. whats wrong with us ladies getting some eye candy? guys get it all the time real and fake. it's our turn :) and that Yazoo alone is worth the pretty boy effect they did, he was hot for a fake guy...*drools* sue me.

I have to admit, it rocks my boat....but then again I am crazy so that helps. :)

tozz
12-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Hi, I'm a zombie :twisted:

gunslingerblack
12-31-2005, 10:31 PM
how in holy hell did this thread get ressurrected? it's almost 2006 for crying out loud

lol

mahir
01-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Maybe we should have a survey to find the oldest and the most pointlessly revived threads.

Mike.H
01-01-2006, 12:59 AM
final fantasy is never pointless or out of time :)

noobie
01-01-2006, 04:55 AM
wait is the us verison out in 2005? i went to an electronic store and they said the DVD release was nov. 29th 2005 but i cant find it anywhere!!!

so i was snooping around on google the other day happen to stumble into amazon.com... turns out they have it!.... out on jan. 1, 2010......

what the hell....

if any1 has any info plz post it... i wanna get it for my nieces birthday.... ive already seen the japanese verison but she wants the english one....

btw... awesome movie!!! everyone see it!!

PhilOsirus
01-01-2006, 06:21 AM
It will come out in the US soon, not sure but I think March 2006. The reason (I think) is because since Square has been working on a bunch of FF related projects (Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Kingdom Hearts 2) they decided to do voice overs for all the projects in one shot, hence they decided to dub the movie as well (which was originally planned to be subtitles only).

Spriggan12
01-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Go to your local GameSpot video game store and put $5 down to reserve the 2-3 disc DVD that comes out March 2006. The Mgr said theres going to be limited supply in the US after March 2006. $5 down guarantees you copy on release day.

Keith

loden
01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
In September I watched the full movie at Venice Film Festival. It was in Japanese subbed in English. I was a bit disappointed, as big fan of FF series I would expect a great story but what come out was an "ok" story, nothing more. Very linear. Also there were a lot of up and down with the development of the characters: Cloud, Tifa and Vincent and some other "evil" characters was well developed tecnically and with great personality; other ones like Cid or Barret was not well developed as the other main characters and talk maybe one or two times in the whole movie...Anyway for the FF fan is a must see movie, some great stuff inside and was very cool to see your favorite characters acting etc...Also technically there is some very complex scenes, photorealistic environments, main character are well animated.
This is my personal thought, other one could love every frame of this movie, other one could hate the whole thing....
Bye

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.