PDA

View Full Version : orientation constraint of syflex wind force ?

seb4d
12-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi !
I'm posting my question concerning syflex here because I think it has more to do with XSI in general.

Ok, the wind force in syflex (xsi 4.0) let you choose the orientation by setting a value in x,y and z. What I want is the wind to be oriented the same as an object in my scene, actually I want to parent the wind force to an object so that I can control it more easily.
It would have been easy if syflex forces had a visual representation just like xsi's ones. I'm sure this is just a question of writing an expression, but I'm not good enough in math do find it....

Any help would be great !

Thanks in advance !

seb4d
12-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Ok I'll try to give an example :

In syflex wind parameters (main x, main y, main z) I want these values to be from -1 to 1.

So think of a line of 1 unit rotating around it's pivot that is at 0 0 0. I can read the coordinates of the tip of the line any time I rotate it. These coordinates are exactly what I want to have for syflex wind because they range from -1 to 1.

So how could I know these coordinates just by knowing the rotation I applied to the line ?

seb4d
12-14-2004, 08:16 AM
so.... anyone ?
:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.