PDA

View Full Version : Modelling by reference sheet

rooster75
12-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Hello,

this is my first posting here. I've been reading through and modeling, but now I have a question.

Usually, when searching for a reference or a model sheet, I find left projection, but no full frontal projection. So what is your advice, how to deal with this situation?

Should I draw my on front projection, or set up image planes differently in Max...
Please help a novice modeller :)

Many thnx

Kameel
12-14-2004, 04:43 AM
I usually draw my own references, but If you need a good front reference, you could also find similar sources. For example: find references with similar shapes, and use the front images of those. It is always helpful to use as many references as you can, to achieve realism. I hope this helps, and welcome to CG Talk.

StephanD
12-14-2004, 12:45 PM
The best is to get some pictures that do fit together,like the ones on 3d.sk.

Other than that,you can use one of your other front references and draw some splines(if soft allows it) around them,then all you need is to find a profile picture to go with it and fit them together.That way you can edit in the perspective viewport without going too much out of bounds.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.