PDA

View Full Version : filter for posts

ryders
12-10-2004, 03:25 AM
Lets say I want to read all the posts by Speaky on his space opera thread...

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=178364

and nothing else? It would be cool if there were tools to view the thread's posts by authors of choice. I understand the down side would be not everyone's posts would be read, but for me this feature would be a great help.

jeroentje
12-13-2004, 07:52 PM
We already have that.

When you click on a person's name (the one next to his post for example), you get his user profile.
There are 2 buttons, one to find all posts by that user, and one to find all the threads he started.

Garma
12-14-2004, 12:00 AM
We already have that.

When you click on a person's name (the one next to his post for example), you get his user profile.
There are 2 buttons, one to find all posts by that user, and one to find all the threads he started.

I don't think he means that. I think he means that he wants an option to search for posts by a certain user only in a specific thread.

ryders
12-18-2004, 03:57 AM
Not search... just display. Want to filter posts like "That Rocks" or "Awesome, dude..." want more signal and less noise.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.