PDA

View Full Version : Maya PLE wil be included in UT 2003

Norante
08-31-2002, 03:15 AM
From Gamespy:

Interesting news for those folks planning to buy Unreal Tournament 2003 (PC) -- Alias|Wavefront is including a copy of Maya Personal Learning Edition and a special plug-in jointly developed with Epic. With this plug-in modders can build and export game objects and characters to the game engine. Here is the press release for those interested, or check out Mark Rein's comment on the deal.

"Unreal Tournament had a very active and successful community of developers who created some spectacular modifications for the game using the tools we provided," said Mark Rein, Epic's Vice President. "But, this is the first time we've been able to provide modeling and animation software as part of the package and we've got the best with Maya Personal Learning Edition. Secret Level also helped out by providing an enhanced plug-in to make it work seamlessly with the Unreal Editor."

lildragon
08-31-2002, 03:20 AM
got an url?

Mechaman
08-31-2002, 03:20 AM
Veeery interesting. The rumor a year ago was it would have a plugin for gmax. I suppose a copy of PLE makes more sense, as a PS2 developer working with the engine has told me they've completely switched to Maya.

Certainly tips my scale of "next computer" back over to x86, that's for sure.

Norante
08-31-2002, 04:56 AM
I couldnīt find a url for either Alias|Wavefront, or Epic, about the anouncement. But this press release seems quite assuring:

http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/pressrelease.asp?id=1653

lildragon
08-31-2002, 05:18 AM
yup I believe this is the same url Array posted b4 we lost it due to server problems..

thx :thumbsup:

sigma
08-31-2002, 11:07 PM
If anyones used the Unreal Editor before you can just imagine what this combination will produce. I still like to play with the current UED.

Im really looking forward to the next release.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020830/302067_1.html

ambient-whisper
08-31-2002, 11:31 PM
the new editor kicks butt :) you can paint stuff very easily onto surfaces. like grass and whatnot. and then paint height for ground objects. its very nice. its also very well optimized too. so viewport speed is really fast.

Joril
09-01-2002, 01:01 AM
At last the masses will know the torment of eyescarring watermarks ...

Nicool
09-01-2002, 11:18 PM
I immediatly start to modeling my low poly avatar for Unreal torunament:scream:

Norante
09-02-2002, 01:17 AM
Yeah, starting mine too, this will be fun.

Anyone have idea on poly count for new unreal models?

ambient-whisper
09-02-2002, 01:37 AM
not sure about ut 2003. but unreal 2 stated it would do in the area of 6-9k.

so i think its safe to say that 7.5k will be average?

Natty2k2
09-02-2002, 11:23 AM
I thought unreal 2 was the single player unreal coming out on Xbox, and Unreal championship was the new "tournament" (i.e. fast paced online game). Probably mistaken though. If that's right though the poly's would differ.

Norante
09-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Mmm.. Unreal Championship =XBox

Unreal 2 = single player PC
Unreal Tournament 2003 =multiplayer PC...

It's a bit misleading, for sure.

Natty2k2
09-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Ok yeah that's right. Yeah I'm pretty sure Unreal 2 will have alot more poly's than the tournament. So I'm guessing if Unreal2 has 6-9k, people's mod's should aim for 4k. But that's just a guess.

PNelson
09-03-2002, 12:13 AM
An interesting side note for all of you UT2k3 fans out there..

The new Unreal Tournament 2003 engine has LightWave support INCLUDED!!

Thanks to the guys at Digital Extremes.. (The creators of Unreal Tournament 2003)

Something else cool.. When you see the volumetric smoke, those are actually converted HyperVoxels from LightWave.. ;->

See Ya,
Philip Nelson
NewTek

In a recent interview in NewTek Pro, Pancho Eekels said that he hid a LightWave logo somewhere in Unreal Championship for XBox and the first 50 people to find it and take a pic of the screen, will get a poster autographed by the UC team.. ;->

Norante
09-05-2002, 01:02 PM
That's nice. That engine is shaping up preety well

ambient-whisper
09-05-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by PNelson
An interesting side note for all of you UT2k3 fans out there..

The new Unreal Tournament 2003 engine has LightWave support INCLUDED!!

Thanks to the guys at Digital Extremes.. (The creators of Unreal Tournament 2003)

Something else cool.. When you see the volumetric smoke, those are actually converted HyperVoxels from LightWave.. ;->

See Ya,
Philip Nelson
NewTek

In a recent interview in NewTek Pro, Pancho Eekels said that he hid a LightWave logo somewhere in Unreal Championship for XBox and the first 50 people to find it and take a pic of the screen, will get a poster autographed by the UC team.. ;->

ya they are using max and LW heavily over there. ( DE )

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.