PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Of Destiny and other animations.

firestorm1
12-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Hi, I've made a 7 minute long CG/live action film.

Its about 2 wizards who are fighting over the throne. Just want to see what people think of it.

I've been trying for months to get a job without success and I want to see if anyone can see why?

I also have other animations that I am just as proud of if you want to take a look, such as my creature Harry that I submitted to the BBC talent for a character but no luck.

www.heskethmedia.co.uk (http://www.heskethmedia.co.uk/)
Thanks

hatran
12-10-2004, 02:45 AM
hi,
hopefully someone would give you some better advice, but i think you don't quiet know much about animation. so your characters not like real when moving.

Buzzoff
12-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Now come on hatran, registerring just to post a nasty comment like that isn't helping anybody now is it?

firestorm1
12-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Um, yeh so anybody else like it.
Just a bit of info for people
The Animation was all done in Maya 5.0, Altered in After effects and edited together in Premier.

Warriors of Destiny took 7 months to complete. We had to go all the way to Bulgaria to get the music done for it as my brother wrote it especially for the film.

Rio Yeti
12-12-2004, 04:18 PM
I think the 3D part is really not that well done. All the intro really looks 3D. The pages turning look like a weird cloth is turning, and the skeleton's animation is not great.

The special effects on the film are pretty good, I know it isn't that hard to do fireballs in the air and stuff, but in your case they seem pretty well integrated, I like the wizard creating a shield at the beginning.

I think you should definitely aim yourself more into the special effects compositing field, rather then 3D animation.
You also should learn to accept everyone's skills and deal with it. I mean it's great that you all brothers and sisters made this film together, it should have been really fun... But none of you are actors.
If you had worked with an animator and actors, this film could have been way better.

I have to give a special note for the music which is pretty good, and it's great that you got an orchestra to play it ! It probably was hard to find it and make this happen, so I guess it's great to have it done, maybe next time try to put hard work in finding people to work with you on the film itself as well as the music !

Keep it up !

firestorm1
12-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Thank you, at last a good response. Yes I do like compositing and special effects, but I should explain why it was only my family who made it.

It was an individual project for Uni, so I had to make everything in it. And since I had a limited time, it was allot more time effective to use everyone in the family. As for actors it was hard trying to find anyone near to help out that didn't charge a fortune.

I didn't think my animating was that bad, though compared to some ive seen here, I does pail in comparison. And yes I used Maya cloth to make the pages turn over:)

If you want to see any of my other animations feel free to look at Harry or Does God exist? There just pure animation that I made for Uni but mainly for the fun of it:) Feel free to express any opinions.

Enjoy

www.heskethmedia.co.uk (http://www.heskethmedia.co.uk)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.