PDA

View Full Version : Vue Esprit Forum

Leonard
12-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Hi all,

E-on Software has requested us to host a CGTalk Vue forum. We don't mind, but we also haven't had any public requests for a Vue forum, so this is your chance to make it heard. Please vote.

Thanks,

Leonard

czarnyrobert
12-22-2004, 11:12 AM
I think that it is a good idea to have the Vue Forum on CGTalk - there is a number of Vue forums on other 3D websites, but I lack a serious forum where real professionals could share their knowledge about Vue.

CGTalk is definitely a great place to build such forum.

cermit
12-22-2004, 11:34 AM
I totally support the idea.
With latest versions of vue (vue professional, vue 5) the application started to compete with best renderers. Besides there is no any place (except renderosity forum) where vue users could exchange professional knowledge about the program.

Phoul
12-22-2004, 11:42 AM
It is my first post around here.
I am a french pro filmmaker. you can see my old demo (various films and video/tv) at www.philippebouyer.com (http://www.philippebouyer.com/)
Now I play... hum I work(!) with CG. I love Vue line. You can see my CGI tests at www.belino.net (http://www.belino.net/)

Well...I've voted YES.

thomaskrahn
12-22-2004, 01:50 PM
I also think this would be cool. Many of the other Vue-forum has grown too crowded, so a forum at CGTalk could be great.

Thomas

pmermino
12-22-2004, 07:17 PM
I support the idea too... we really need a place where to share hi level quality pictures and ideas about the new version of Vue ... comparison with other apps would be very usefull too ...
Patrick Merminod http://www.paroge.com/vde

raffyraffy
12-23-2004, 07:37 PM
I agree also. Vue is becoming a great program.

sacada
12-23-2004, 10:04 PM
I think it is a great idea. There are many levels of Vue and the professional level needs a professional forum hosted by professionals.

Terkonn
12-24-2004, 07:07 PM
I would rather use vue over bryce or other quick natural scene creators. I'm very new to vue and a forum section for it would be great. Because it is so versital, the fourum section will only help in increasing the talent already shown here at cgtalk.

XYZRGB
12-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I have seen some fantastic work done in Vue.

I know using a program like Vue or Bryce is looked down on by those people that create their landscapes from scratch, ( and considered 'cheating' by some people. )

But isn't all CG a form of cheating ? ( I think we as CG artists are more so CG directorsthan actuall artists .... after all it is the computer that paints the image that we create. We just tell the computer what we want it to look like .
That is not to say that CG artists can't do traditional art.
Not at all. I am in absolute awe at the ( traditional ) talent here at CGtalk.
I hope to not offend anyone . :)

pmermino
12-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Hi Vegan,
No offense at all ... What you are talking about is very important : the question of 'What is art and what is not art ' and what is 'cheating' while creating 3d pictures...
IMHO : you could ask the same question for painters ... if using watercolors, do you really think that painters using oil and canvas are cheater ?? or those who use mixed medias or photos ??? Some great pictures created with 3dmax or Lightwave are mixed pictures with hires HDRI backgrounds for example... and I don't consider that is cheating ... Important is not the car do you drive, but how you drive it ... Comparison could be very useful between different softwares..
Vue in the last version 5 is now a very interesting soft with very cool features like GI or radiosity. It's now possible to render very high quality pictures, and the we are far beyond the 'easy landscape creation tool' ... Vue is much more than that . We all must learn what is possible to do with this new tool... and a place like CGTalk could be very important to share our experience and improve our skill because it is a professional, moderated forum...

Sincerly
Patrick

The-G-Man
12-25-2004, 11:23 AM
This is a great idea. A serious Vue forum has been needed for ages. The sharing of ideas and tutorials benefits everyone, and it's great to see what art is being produced across the globe by eager Vuemeisters :)

The-G-Man
12-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi Vegan,
No offense at all ... What you are talking about is very important : the question of 'What is art and what is not art ' and what is 'cheating' while creating 3d pictures...
IMHO : you could ask the same question for painters ... if using watercolors, do you really think that painters using oil and canvas are cheater ?? or those who use mixed medias or photos ??? Some great pictures created with 3dmax or Lightwave are mixed pictures with hires HDRI backgrounds for example... and I don't consider that is cheating ... Important is not the car do you drive, but how you drive it ... Comparison could be very useful between different softwares..
Vue in the last version 5 is now a very interesting soft with very cool features like GI or radiosity. It's now possible to render very high quality pictures, and the we are far beyond the 'easy landscape creation tool' ... Vue is much more than that . We all must learn what is possible to do with this new tool... and a place like CGTalk could be very important to share our experience and improve our skill because it is a professional, moderated forum...

Sincerly
Patrick
You make some very valid points here Patrick. Will the new lighting capabilites of Vue 5 be avaialble for us Vue 4 Professional users do you happen to know? I'm a little confused over this.

pmermino
12-25-2004, 12:15 PM
MouseJockey,

the new features like GI and Radiosity are only available in Vue 5 and Vue 5 infinite. This last version is the new name for Vue 5 Pro. The upgrade from Vue 4 pro to Vue 5 Infinite will be only 149 $... See here : http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Press/PR.php?date=December%2013,%202004

The-G-Man
12-25-2004, 01:55 PM
MouseJockey,

the new features like GI and Radiosity are only available in Vue 5 and Vue 5 infinite. This last version is the new name for Vue 5 Pro. The upgrade from Vue 4 pro to Vue 5 Infinite will be only 149 $... See here : http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Press/PR.php?date=December%2013,%202004
Aha!! All is now clear. Many thanks Patrick. Seasons Greets :)

JIII
12-26-2004, 07:12 AM
That sounds good I don't see why it would hurt, it's a software on the way up not down whereas bryce has been in a perpetual downward spiral for a long time now.

roguenroll
12-27-2004, 06:03 AM
yeah, I'm game

wireFrame
12-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Actually, the question right now is how many signatures cgtalk needed to consider the Vue forum?

I've been to the Vue site and I'm just awed by the new version and its capabilities.

Ollarin
12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
A Vue forum would be great!

Some of the things done in Vue are just amazing. And it's really easy to use. :D

Invid
12-28-2004, 03:39 AM
We as a current user of Vue 4 Pro I must say it would be a plus for me. Now that E-Onsoftware has brought out Vue 5 with Vue 5 Infinite on it's heels this forum idea makes sense. It's got my vote.

duncandes
12-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi All! It's great idea - Vue Esprit forum. Yes! Yes! Yes! .. :thumbsup:

shoop3D
12-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Vue is quickly becoming a major 3D tool a talk forum would be very helpful.

shoop3D
12-28-2004, 08:40 PM
I vote yes Vue is a great tool to have and a forum would be helpful.

kpwproductions
12-28-2004, 08:40 PM
I own Vue 4 Pro and it is the best landscaping program I have ever used - this software deserves a forum without question.

I think programs like Vue, Poser, Bryce and so forth get a lot of bad press from the pros because there is so much trash floating around from people just using pure Bryce - mountain, tree, sky, water, done. Bryce is a starter program for people in 3D, I think - it gets your hands dirty but it isn't professional at all and should be avoided in most cases... that is not the case with Vue. Vue is basically the advanced version of Bryce - and you can really get great results with it while working in combination with another 3D package like 3D Studio or Maya - especially with Vue Pro and its export features. I have no real excuse for Poser, haha - although I do use it now and again to cook up a quick model to use as a shadow in my graphic design projects... it really has no place in professional 3D, IMO.

If you haven't tried Vue - give it a shot, http://www.e-onsoftware.com has a trial version for d/l - it has HDRI features that get really nice results.

timefighter
12-29-2004, 12:47 AM
I agree!! I think having it here would be great!

esper77
12-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I'm all for it.

Vindelishian
01-05-2005, 09:24 PM
yes I agree . I think the art in the hand not in the tool .

The-G-Man
01-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Has anyone produced a tut to show integrating Vue with LW for an animation?

A Vue section here is a no brainer. If you want great exterior shots you can't get a bigger bang for your buck. Serious discussion on techniques would benefit everyone and help to introduce this excellent tool to a new audience.

I agree with kpwproductions comments re Poser.

rgulley
01-10-2005, 01:46 AM
I am one of those "new to vue" but not totally new to 3D; I would love to have a quality forum (most of what I have seen is product bragging/bashing or off topic posts. Someone else mentioned how much trash is out there, and that is true. I want to be a part of a serious community. Hopefully we will develop that here.

The-G-Man
01-12-2005, 01:08 PM
When will an actual decision be reached regarding this new forum suggestion?

Leonard
01-13-2005, 05:10 AM
When will an actual decision be reached regarding this new forum suggestion?

New forum will be added when Vue 5 Infinite begins shipping - it will be in conjunction with E-on Software's release.

Thanks

Leonard

The-G-Man
01-15-2005, 08:53 AM
That's great news! Many thanks Leonard.

roguenroll
01-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Cool cant wait to dig in, and check this out. see you folks on the Vue boards.

R

TRick
01-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Cool,

Vue 5 Pro Studio is released.
$520....In Europe. Would like to try it, but not for that price. Maybe when there is a forum here, Vue will notice that they'll have to relook their pricing strategy:D. Yeah, I know there are more languages in Europe, so they need more expensive highly trained people. But if I'm prepared to talk english to them, can I have the US price ?:twisted:

Mike.H
03-04-2005, 10:55 PM
decided i had to finaly create an account now that we´re getting a v5I forum here on cgtalk, been lurking in the shadows for a very long time now.

Anyway, im glad to see cgtalk starting up a v5I forum.

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2005, 10:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.