InTheCity
12-09-2004, 03:22 AM
THIS IS A NOT A TEST

REPLYING IS NOW WORKING TOO!

:bounce: :bounce:

umm
12-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Good to see that...
I have made tree posts today, every time the 'vBullytin' told me "thanks 4 posting" but later there was never any post.

InTheCity
12-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Good to see that...
I have made tree posts today, every time the 'vBullytin' told me "thanks 4 posting" but later there was never any post.
If we ask nicely, they may just close this thread.

Mods?

umm
12-09-2004, 04:48 AM
Be reasonable.
now you will see that I have already made 6 posts although you can only see three of them.
The question is: where are the other three????

retinajoy
12-09-2004, 05:02 AM
This could be because the first 5(?) posts are moderated on new members, and depending on who (moderators) and when they approve them, they won't appear.

edit: okay, just the 1st two posts are checked

umm
12-09-2004, 05:09 AM
cannot be because my fourth post appeared uncensored which is this thread.

retinajoy
12-09-2004, 05:17 AM
I guess something funny is going on. A cyberspace black hole. It is only the 1st two posts (not 5) which are checked.
http://www.cgtalk.com/faq.php?faq=cgtalk_faq#faq_cgtalk_newusers

Srek
12-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi umm,
please allow the moderators the time to validate postings. Two of the three moderators here are in europe so when posting during night in europe chances are high that validation will happen in the morning.
So please be patient, this is no automatic process, people have to work to make it happen.

Edit: Please also check the FAQs, it will answer most of your questions you asked in the postings.

Cheers
Srek

InTheCity
12-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi umm,
please allow the moderators the time to validate postings. Two of the three moderators here are in europe so when posting during night in europe chances are high that validation will happen in the morning.
So please be patient, this is no automatic process, people have to work to make it happen.

Cheers
Srek
Are you accepting applications for moderators in the US?

Srek
12-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Are you accepting applications for moderators in the US?
Can't tell, i'm new to the job myself ;)

Cheers
Srek

InTheCity
12-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Can't tell, i'm new to the job myself ;)

Cheers
Srek
And you're doing a great job too!
They make great judgements of character here, that's for sure.

wuensch
12-09-2004, 07:48 AM
also there is the possibility that the vanishing posts are Quantum-related--
I remember this experiment where they shoot photons through a slit and measure the hits on a plane behind the slit, and every second photon disappears from this reality on its way to the target---
(music from the twilight-zone: DeeDeeDeeDeet-DeeDeeDeeDeet-)

Olli

umm
12-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Olli,
I think your theory sounds reasonable. I also think that my post quantum leaped into another dimension and the people from that other dimension are now asking themselves from where these tree posts are and perhaps they dont even understand the language there.
have fun
viel spass noch
tot volgende keer
jumpa lagi dan jangan tertawa terlalu banyak
que gocen la vida, no joda, to el dia frente de la pantalla....

wuensch
12-09-2004, 09:32 AM
----yeah-- this would explain a lot of the SPAM messages I receive via email, I guess--

umm
12-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Olli, just imagine:
you post something polite, something charming and out of accident it jumps over to a parallel universe, and there it is the worst offence ever and it causes a century long intergalactic war.
Would we want that?
Is it still ethical to write thiese kind of posts?

have fun....

rendermania
12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Don't think so. I read somewhere that Spam is UFO related, rather than anything to do with quirks in the space-time fabric. Now where did that URL go... had cropcircles and stuff on it. :D

rendermania
12-09-2004, 11:24 AM
you post something polite, something charming and out of accident it jumps over to a parallel universe, and there it is the worst offence ever and it causes a century long intergalactic war.
My guess is that they post offensive stuff back and we take it as a compliment in our universe. Oh well, their loss, our gain. :D

Jorge Arango
12-09-2004, 01:01 PM
umm, are you really from Colombia?

Jorge Arango
Manizales
Colombia

umm
12-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Sure I am from Colombia, any complain about that? :)
I am born in Cali, tu si sabes donde queda Cali, cierto?, my favorite football club is Union Maglena (because I spent about half of my life in Santa Marta) and currently I am teaching chemistry to some kids here in Asia.

MJV
12-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Olli, just imagine:
Would we want that?
Is it still ethical to write thiese kind of posts?

have fun....
That's funny because except for the polite and charming part, I'm almost sure that's exactly what happened. Looks like they fell through a black hole and landed here:

http://www.postforum.com/forums/read.php?f=6&i=111629&t=111629

umm
12-10-2004, 02:46 AM
I can well imagine that there must be a kind of filter which filters out things to where they belong. Maybe its a filter-blackhole sending all the rugged comments over to postforum, to where it belongs. You must agree, the forums software of postforum is the worst ever, must be some remainders from the 1980s made by people who cant get used to the fact that Commodore C64 and Apple IIe dont exist any more....and then they want to charge you for for upgrading to a PRO version.

I have just started a forum on my page on basis of Invision Powerboard (just for fun), there people can post pictures, files, modify posts...whatever they want, but I would NEVER ever charge people to have more options. If the PRO version of the postforum is as poorly developed as the normal version then people should GET money to use it.

Jorge Arango
12-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Sure I am from Colombia, any complain about that? :)
I am born in Cali, tu si sabes donde queda Cali, cierto?, my favorite football club is Union Maglena (because I spent about half of my life in Santa Marta) and currently I am teaching chemistry to some kids here in Asia.

Well, my favorite football club (Once Caldas) is now in Asia ready to play the Intercontinental Cup in Tokio next saturday. Where in Asia are you?

Un saludo,

Jorge Arango

umm
12-10-2004, 03:19 AM
Sure, if you are from Manizales, then you have to support once caldas or they kill you there.
Go to Santa Marta to a game and put a shirt which says Atletico Nacional or Millonarios, they kill you there, even just passing by in El Rodadreo at the beach.

I am currently in Singapore. Thats between Malaysia and Indonesia.

AdamT
12-10-2004, 04:09 AM
I would NEVER ever charge people to have more options. If the PRO version of the postforum is as poorly developed as the normal version then people should GET money to use it.
Get over it already. How's the guy supposed to keep the site going if he doesn't have advertising and he doesn't charge a small membership fee? Volume?

umm
12-10-2004, 05:33 AM
Get over it already. How's the guy supposed to keep the site going if he doesn't have advertising and he doesn't charge a small membership fee? Volume? Guess that guy has never considered "working".
With respect to volume: they allegedly have 1GB per day.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.