PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply Box

Tughan
12-09-2004, 01:53 AM
This is a feature I liked most; You know, sometimes people feels lazy to click "reply" button, then wait for the page to load, then click submit... wow, too much work. :) It would be cool to append a "quick reply" box at the bottom of the threads. :bounce:

Some forums like Evermotion (http://www.evermotion.org/forum/) is using it already and it's pretty good...

jussing
12-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Indeed, a "quick reply" box is more user-friendly, BUT:

I fear that would cause a multiplication of fanboy and rant posts. Already CGTalk is being flooded in rather pointless "yay", "woohow", "you rock", and unfortunately sometimes "you suck", "you're not very good", "I don't believe you" comments.

And these thoughtless comments would be much easier to post, if there was a "quick-reply" box.

If people have something serious to say, they should be willing to go through a little extra trouble post it. :)

IMHO.

Cheers,
- Jonas

Tughan
12-13-2004, 04:17 PM
If people have something serious to say, they should be willing to go through a little extra trouble post it.
You're right indeed. But making Forums more user friendly is a benefit for everyone. Not just fanboys don't you think? If that is an issue, to prevent thoughtless comments, there could be 3 or 4 reply button that asking you "are you really really sure to reply this post" kind of questions one after another to test that if you really dedicate yourself to reply that post or not. :D

I say bring it on... unleash the fanboys :bounce:

gnz
12-13-2004, 07:02 PM
You're right indeed. But making Forums more user friendly is a benefit for everyone. Not just fanboys don't you think? If that is an issue, to prevent thoughtless comments, there could be 3 or 4 reply button that asking you "are you really really sure to reply this post" kind of questions one after another to test that if you really dedicate yourself to reply that post or not. :D

I say bring it on... unleash the fanboys :bounce:

mmh, Im with jussing on this one. This is not the kind of forum that would benefit much from having a way to reply quickly.

Probably if the box appeared only to those users which have more than n posts in their profile.

Gnz

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.