PDA

View Full Version : my take on lotr

jakiloblanco
12-08-2004, 11:23 PM
hey... im probably gonna get in alot of trouble with this thing...

im innocent! honest! my friend at work drew one of the characters from the show we're working on, (his name is jorge) battling the balrog on kazza-dum... and i just had to do it. he was already designed any everything!

i removed gandalf using after effects, and did all the animation in flash 4... and the compsiting. ( im just an animator...can't expect much)

the purpose of this thing was for me to learn all the steps we take to make the show. i'm a rough animator... but for this, i cleaned painted and fx'ed it. ...

i hope you like it!!!

http://ezshare.de/files-en/152094/lotr_jorge.mov.html

ps

if you choose to see this file, the friggin free host i found asks you for a "download ticket" ... you need to wait and the you can get it.. sorry

crits always welcome!!

anything that i didn't animate or design is copyright either to weta and collideascope

CgIdentity
12-09-2004, 12:50 AM
I havent seen it yet, but you should think about getting it onto another server, waiting for a ticket, and the slow server arent a good combo.lol.

Edit:
Just saw your vid, I think it is hilarious. Nice work!

jakiloblanco
12-09-2004, 09:20 PM
thanks man!! yeah.. the server needs to go, and the video quality has to be bumped up alot too... yeah...

i guess i was too excited to see what people would think about it that i didn't really think about that stuff... :shrug:

anyways, thanks for watching it!

Sceme
12-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Saw it too. It looks some good work. I personally dont know how can u remove Gandalf from the film? Could u spare some tips?

Anyway only critism im going to give is that on some parts the character looks abit "floating" off the ground. I mean he moves just abit appart from the real film.

jakiloblanco
12-10-2004, 08:34 PM
hey sceme, yeah, i know he slips off the ground everywhere, here and there... i never got to bring him back into after effects. all the compositing of the character wha done in flash... using motion tweens and maving him accross the scren, trying to match him up.. fun!!

to remove gandalf, i just brought in a digitized clip of two towers in after effects, and made an animated mask overtop of him (using "inversed" on the mask in mask properties; this makes a hole in the picture rather than showing what is masked)

then i took the same clip, placed it underneath the masked layer, and moved it over a bit, so that i can keep the same scene's colors and feel... i guess... sometimes i would scale up the underlying image so that i could keep some of the effects, like glow..

now adding the shadpws on the guy, now that was a bizzar one !!

thanks !!

Corth
12-11-2004, 05:10 AM
I love this animation! this scene is just awesome with jorge!

Awesome work! I definitely recommend this to everyone!

*goes off to watch it again* :)

Rio Yeti
12-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Hahaha it's great !

The animation is really funny, and you ruin the whole "drama" of the scene, which makes it even more funny !

It didn't bother me that the character was sometimes floating, as I thought the whole Moria Mountain scene in the original movie had some weird character floating going on (wow... I just realized how risky it is to put such a comment on a CG forum !)

jakiloblanco
12-12-2004, 04:06 PM
a risky comment in a risky thread!!

thanks for the kind works, yeti! i love your paints by the way... your crazy.

as for the floating... it was kind of hard to keep track of things,... i started to make masks upon mask in flash to try and cover him up... but it ended up being easier to move him around instead...

i never quite saw it as ruining the drama, but it's so true!!

thanks~

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.