PDA

View Full Version : Quadro or GeForce

Phugative
08-30-2002, 12:30 AM
I am going to be purchasing a new computer and was wondering if anyone has been using the Quadro 4 and the GeForce 4 cards. Is there a huge difference in performance, and what is a good motherboard to pair either of the cards with? This is assuming I will be using AMD Athlon processors. Also where is the best place to purchase the Quadro?

HapZungLam
09-04-2002, 03:04 AM
sure it is, Quadro is built for doing graphics. Geforce is pretty much everything.

which do you choose, well, it is all depence on your bugget.

dvornik
09-04-2002, 03:14 AM
I've been using both. Depends on which software you are using. In max4 Maxtreme made quadro quite faster. In max5 maxtreme doesn't work prorperly on my quadro4 750 xgl, so they are about the same. I don't know about maya. Image quality on quadro is as bad as on the Gainward 4600 I was using before (not TOO bad). You have to deal with the same driver screw-ups (plus maxtreme screwups)...

Right now it makes sense to wait a couple of months for new cards anyway.

[edit] single 1900+ here, A7V333, it works...

DuttyFoot
09-11-2002, 10:42 PM
think about it....wait a couple of months for new cards and then in a couple of months the new cards turn into old cards because better ones will be out...as far as maya goes if u go check the hardware requriements they dont recommend the gforce cards but they do recommend the quadro cards...on nvidias site they show gforce cards under entertainment....and quadro cards under workstation......haven't used either of em, but if a card is made for doing 3d modeling, rendering and animation that would be the type of card to get.. based on the budget you have

just my 2cents

WannaB
09-12-2002, 07:50 PM
They way they pump out new graphics cards I would just wait.

Jay:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.