PDA

View Full Version : Dreamworks pushes Shrek 3

worker_bee
12-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Shrek 3 moved to summer '07

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm

DreamWorks Chief Executive Jeffrey Katzenberg said the company would shift the release of "Shrek 3" from November 2006 to May 2007, the same release schedule that led to record-setting sales for "Shrek 2" this year.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/041208/media_dreamworks_earns_3.html

jeremybirn
12-08-2004, 09:16 PM
As always, the anonymous worker_bee is about as fair and balanced as fox news. Just look at his reactions to the three similar announcements of schedule shuffles from studios. One of them is "weird" and another is a chance to re-mention that studio's only hits. Weird.

-jeremy

My Fault
12-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Perhaps he bought a lot of Dreamworks stock.

It's like a train wreck, I can't look away when worker posts!

opus13
12-09-2004, 05:02 PM
well, personally i thought Drek 2 sucked, and im doubtful that a third can impress me. the longer the project is put off the better.

FunBucket
12-09-2004, 09:52 PM
well, personally i thought Drek 2 sucked, and im doubtful that a third can impress me. the longer the project is put off the better.

Totally agree with ya. Everyone seems to think it was better then the first. I saw Shrek 2 after I saw the Incredibles... I have to say Shrek 2 blew hard. Puss in Boots wasn't near as great as everyone made him out to be. I got really tired of all the pop culture references. JUST MY OPINION OF COURSE!

- Jay

Shaderhacker
12-10-2004, 03:38 AM
Hmmm.. this is indeed interesting.

-M

Ollarin
12-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Gragh! I haven't even seen Shrek 1 and 2...Let alone 3. :p

Wonder how it'll be though. O_o

Leionaaad
12-10-2004, 12:10 PM

I think they really worth seing it, but only the first one is really impressive.
And the pop references are indeed annoying. However, I really enjoyed the "Knights" show, when they arrested Shrek...

Ollarin
12-10-2004, 11:29 PM
I think they really worth seing it, but only the first one is really impressive.
Hmm...I want to see them really bad too.

It's coming on TV on the 19th, though, Matrix Reloaded is too. Which i havent seen also...Both at the same time...

Decisions, decisions!

agreenster
12-10-2004, 11:55 PM

Wonder how it'll be though. O_o OMG. :O

Rent

It

Now

rstratton
12-11-2004, 04:16 AM
how can you be interested in cg at all if you haven't seen shrek 1 or 2....or even the matrix very weird...and I really enjoyed shrek 1 and 2....I don't think 2 was better then one...to me about even, but it definitely didn't suck like this tread is making it out to be, but I guess that is just my opinion....this news about shrek 3 being moved to a year later doesn't sound to bad...I would rather see it done well then just pumped out....but I guess we will see what happens depending on if the news is true or not....

Ollarin
12-11-2004, 05:21 AM
how can you be interested in cg at all if you haven't seen shrek 1 or 2....
It's not like i didn't want to watch them. I just couldn't. I haven't been to the theatre in nearly 3 years. :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.