PDA

View Full Version : know of a Primitive->Model->Character - Woman?

4SweetB
12-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey, all. I'm just playing around with XSI for the first time, and liking it so far.

One thing that captured my imagination was that I can hit Primitive->Model->Character-Man and get a male character going on that's pretty darned good for a built-in feature... and I can fiddle with a bunch of pre-made controls to change around just about everything of his build and facial characteristics to come up with models for different characters in no time flat.

Since I forsee having to come up with quite a number of characters for an interactive fiction I'm working on, this could prove a real time-saver. Sure, I'll want to tweak them and add to them, but it's nice to have something this good to start from, rather than staring at a blank modelling screen. :)

Of course, not all the characters I need are going to be male. I've tried messing with the settings to try to make the man more lady-like, but it's not really happening. I know there's a built-in low-poly woman mesh, but it lacks the versatility that "Primitive->Model->Character-Man" has.

My question is, can anyone recommend any third-party tools (free or otherwise) that can automate the parametric modeling of female characters quite as nicely as stock XSI will do it for male characters?

Many thanks,
Kevin

abeq
12-08-2004, 10:06 PM
I was wondering the same thing aswell.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.