PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a noise controller

Segmoria
12-08-2004, 05:42 PM
I am trying to apply a noise random-like position controller to an object, so that it jitters/flickers all the time.
But apart from assigning a hand-written expression for generating random values I dont find anything else. Maybe I'm missing something much more direct, hidden under some menu?

And apart from that, isnt there a list of different controllers that can be applied to transformations anywhere? It cant only be Bezier/ Constant or Linear.

Ablefish
12-08-2004, 09:08 PM
There is one method to generate random motion - definitely not direct or straightforward, but it can work.

Draw a single 3 sided polygon.
Make a cluster of the 3 points.
apply a shape jitter deformation to the polygon
Use Constrain to Cluster to attach a null to the 3 points.
Now, with constraint compensation on, constrain your object to the null.

This is pretty limited, but you can use expressions instead of the constraint to move your object relative to the movement of the 'dancing null'. And you do have some controls within Shape Jitter to control the randomness.

tuna
12-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Select whatever you want randomised (position channels?), and go into local netview > animate > modify > random Fcurve

Ablefish
12-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Sounds even better. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.