PDA

View Full Version : battle of heros

vfxmatt
12-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi all

This is a shot thats taken me seven days on and off,its for a music video im going to make in the near future.just thought you might like it.

So tell me what you think?

renderer: Lightwave
Software:Lightwave 3d 7.5
pre post: Combustion 3

heres the link:

http://www.matoons.com/movies/anim_010.mov

Siriol
12-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Awesome stuff, i love it. The impact into the wall is great. The only thing i was thinking is he should maybe fall just that fraction faster, seeing as he's a metal robot he would be pretty heavy. But anyway, great stuff!!

vfxmatt
12-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Phew thanks for replying,was getting worried that people didnt like it.
thanks.I think when i render the entire seq im gonna make him fall faster.
Still working on the animatic,buti thought just for fun id render one of the shots and see what people think.

Mungo J
12-08-2004, 04:00 PM
quality work mate, very professional compositing, (i'm being taught shake on my uni course at the moment, and while the program's easy enough, i don't seem to have much of a compositing-brain) the visual style matches the components brilliantly,

what you've shown looks great, but i can't help but wonder what the rest of the ad is like, are you gonna post the animatic? (go on!)

nice one, can't wait to see the ad.

vfxmatt
12-09-2004, 07:23 AM
thanks,Well i can release the animatic just yet(still in production phase),its for a music video but illl try get one out soon.

TerianSilva
12-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Really nice work! I love the lightning of the scene. Please post the rest when its ready :) Nevertheless, if you wanna hear my two cents, i would slow down the arm speed when it bounces back from the wall. But its not so important at all.

vfxmatt
12-09-2004, 08:49 AM
thanks man.Ill check it out,and ill try get the rest up as soon has i can.

Kit Kat The Cat
12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Love the lighting, love the texturing. And the animation looks great.

What I'd add to improve it?

Those first pieces that flew when the bot hit the building, they seem to disappear when the camera changed views and showed it bot falling. Not sure if you're following, but when the robot hits the building tiles flew away from the building from the impact. When the camera follows the robot as it falls those pieces seem to disappear.

Another thing is try to make those concrete tiles more broken up. They all too clean. It will show a bit more impact and exaggerate a bit how hard the robot slam into the building.

Overall very professional work suethsayer.

vfxmatt
12-10-2004, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the comments.Yeah i was also thinking about making those tiles break up ,i mean this bot is heavy and the ceramic tiles would shatter.When the whole thing is done All these comments will be taken into account.

As for the tiles,yeah i never animated them falliing down with him,well spotted. :D
Shit know i have to do that.ha ha ha.

vfxmatt
12-10-2004, 12:37 PM
hi

i got some personal emails asking were i got the stock footage.

There is no stock footage.Its all cg ,there is nothing real in the scene.cool.

thanks for bearing with me.

nomadicrain
12-10-2004, 08:17 PM
This is an awesome animation. I just have one critique that some one else has kind of mentioned but to me when the robot hits the wall...it looks almost like he jumps off of the wall instead of falling. What I mean is that when he hits the wall he sticks then his left leg draws up the wall and looks almost like it pushes him off of the wall. Just my thought.

Good work so far though. I can't wait to see the entire video.

Ziah
12-13-2004, 12:27 AM
very very nice hope to see more

vfxmatt
12-13-2004, 06:59 AM
thanks Ziah

hey Nomadicrain,Yeah what happens is that hey gets thrown against the wall,then he kinda pushes himself off,but as others have commented,i need to exagerate his pushing off.thanks for the comments man.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.