PDA

View Full Version : battle of heros

vfxmatt
12-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Hi all

This is a shot thats taken me seven days on and off,its for a music video im going to make in the near future.just thought you might like it. :)

renderer: Lightwave
Software:Lightwave 3d 7
pre post: Combustion 3

heres the link:

http://www.matoons.com/movies/anim_010.mov (http://www.matoons.com/movies/anim_010.mov)(sorry thie link doesnt exist anymore)

Here is the finished Battle as of recently.

http://www.marstudios.com/movies/music_videos/FFF.mov

Capel
12-08-2004, 07:42 PM
hey man, nice work so far... everything looks great. the weakest part is definately the animation, though. when he slams against the wall, it feels really good. but i'd rather see him use more of his hands/feet to push himself off. right now it looks like he's half pushing off, half falling... i don't know what's happening in the video at this point, but it seems like you should push the animation more one way or the other. (pushing off or falling off)

either way though, it's looking really nice.

Cypris
12-09-2004, 12:24 AM
I agree with Capel, especially in that you can't exactly tell what's going on. At first, I had to watch it twice to understand that he hit the wall. Maybee you could make the beginning of the clip a little longer so people can actually get the idea that he's being thrown (?) against the building. Great modeling and such though. I really like it.

vfxmatt
12-09-2004, 07:58 AM
hey guys,thanks for the feed back.

Yeah your right,I was also feeling a bit odd about the animation.But in the final seq i will tweak it.I think when the animatic is done it will kinda make more sense.Thanks again for the commments. :applause:

vfxmatt
12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
hi

i got some personal emails asking were i got the stock footage.

There is no stock footage.Its all cg ,there is nothing real in the scene.cool.

thanks for bearing with me.

firestorm1
12-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I really liked it. You got the camera to move very naturally, and made it look alot more realistic.
Also I liked the green glows on the hands, as they added a bit of colour to the scene.

Cant wait to see the final thing.

DanielWichterich
12-10-2004, 11:25 PM
By now, the link seems to be dead :sad:

RenegadeWang
12-11-2004, 03:32 AM
Listen, I don't know what happened before this, or whats going to happen after it, but I think the animations great. I want to see more, a lot more. Robots busting each others skulls open. I wouldn't worry about the animation, it's near perfect, it had me and my brother a second away from wetting our pants. Awesome dude, awesome.

RenegadeWang
12-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Also, I just checked out your reel. Very Impressive, you do great work.

vfxmatt
12-13-2004, 08:06 AM
hey thanks for the replies.

:stange : The link still works,just try again.I was fiddling on my site,so it must have been down when you tried.

Rendegadewang: thanks for the visual.ha ha ha.Glad you liked it.and dont worry theres alot more action coming,im just in the middle of two fx jobs,so im working my arse off.

jussing
12-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Don't know if you tweaked anything yet, but I think it makes perfect sense, I had no trouble getting it.

I think it looks really cool, and I particularly like the sense of falling at the end of the clip, when the camera starts to move down with him... Cool.

Cheers,
- Jonas

vfxmatt
12-13-2004, 12:27 PM
thanks for the vote of confidence.ha ha ha.thanks man

Collember
12-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Everything else has seemed to be covered by others, however, there is one thing i had noticed, on the robot's left leg just after it pushes off the wall to fall, the leg twitches, i think that is due to keyframing with the rig, perhaps tweeking that a lil, other than that, looks good :D

vfxmatt
12-13-2004, 12:45 PM
well spotted mate.

incidently im not using a rig,I find for this kinda thing its easier to parent stuff and use FK rather then the usually problem solving Inverse kinematics.

I like to focus on the result rather then the procedure.

cool thanks for spotting that.

Corduroy Squirrel
12-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Awesome visuals. It's really fun to watch and I like the colors and robot design. Keep it up!

-C.Squirrel

vfxmatt
12-14-2004, 08:30 AM
thanks man,appreciate it.

spinpatrol
01-11-2005, 07:41 AM
hi matt
nice work ! I saw it the other day, I think it is pretty sweet so far, I think when the piece is finished it will be rad, looking forward to seeing it. I dont know if anyone has asked already but for what music video is the clip from ?
Sounds like things are going well ^_^ Oh ye I saw your reel too, i like the way you cut it together, nice.
Keep it up

vfxmatt
01-11-2005, 07:54 AM
hey spinpatrol ,long time no see.thanks for the comments.cant say who its for yet will let you know. Unfortuanately i have been bogged down with work so i havent been able to do much more, Plus the band are still undecided about the concept. Well ive the dont like it ill do something with it anyway. I hope you doing well man,tell me are you moving on in life ? or staying at you present location?

vfxmatt
11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey guys

Just thought I would let you know that the production on this whole robot thing went through and I finished the piece.

I started a Thread Called Mars Studios Music Video and thats were the link is.

Let me know what you think.

Whole production time took 1 month.Had to remodel the robot and all sorts of shit.

rafaelrubio
11-07-2005, 05:50 PM
excuse me, but when i try to download your video, my XP always says that can't find the site, please try again later...:sad:

vfxmatt
11-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey man

I dont know why that wouldnt work

heres a link to the music video

http://www.marstudios.com/movies/music_videos/FFF.mov

and another one

http://www.emotionhouse.co.za/vid/FFF.mov

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2005, 07:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.