PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Skills...

Celexus
02-08-2002, 12:33 AM
OK, after taking a look through BoBo's archive of models 2d art, and the Q3F concept art, its inspired me to draw. The only thing is i dont know alot of techniques to do this. Ive read a book or two, most saying using the stick outline and building onto that. but it doesnt seem to work that well, if anyone can give me some sites giving information on drawing and concept art, it would be helpful =)

Celexus~

P.S.-BOBO WHENS BETA 2 COMING OUT?!?!

Fabool
02-08-2002, 01:31 AM
If you are really just starting out in drawing, I'd suggest you grab the book; Drawing on the right side of the brain by Betty Edwards, which details the fundamentals of drawing and has some excercises.
Also note that don't set your expectations too high on the first pieces you draw, drawing requires a LOT of practice and people often get frustrated when they aren't able to produce quality stuff instantly.

MiniBeast
02-08-2002, 04:29 AM
If you can, Iíd take a figure drawing class. Drawing from life is the BEST way to learn. If youíre trying to make up your subject matter at the same time you're trying to understand drawing, itís going to be tough. One class will offer the basics in both drawing techniques and anatomy. Thatís what Iíd do.

Tad
02-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Thing is, there really isn't any sort of techniques that
will "suddenly work" it takes years of practice,
practice, and MORE PRACTICE, heck of alot longer than
it does to master 3D(or at least I think so).

But I duno, I started around the time I learned to breath,
it may be different starting out with a matured brain, hehe.

But yeah, drawing classes, and reading drawing books
definetly WILL help(it's a form of practice!), but basicaly,
keep at it!

Also, the starting with a stick figure thing is great for getting
you're characters pose down.
Usually i'll draw a stick figure, with an oval for a head, waste, and sometimes joints/hands, all VEERY light then do a sort of light silhouette of the overall shape over that, then start fleshing it out till it's done.

How it looks at the end is usually determined by how much practice you have :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.