PDA

View Full Version : hiding a visible light with a comp tag

sketchbook
12-06-2004, 06:33 PM
i have some lights which are "visible" lights for a ceiling. so i need to do a birdseye view, and i added a comp tag to the lights which hides them from the camera, but they are still showing up.

any suggestion show to hide them, without actually going into each one and disabling rendering?

Per-Anders
12-06-2004, 06:37 PM
you just want the visibility to fade out? simplest method would be to multiselect them and animate the brightness parameter of their visibility (if you're making them fade out that is). alternatives you could try would be to use a proximal texture on volumetric rather than visible lights (proximal to the camera) etc.

sketchbook
12-06-2004, 06:44 PM
well,

i am not doing an animation. just a stationary view from above the ceiling of the room. i added a "hide from camera" tag on the visible lights but they still appear in the renderings. i don't know why...

Per-Anders
12-06-2004, 06:51 PM
they're not geometry. it's very easy to simply select the lights and switch off their visibility option as a group (or simply switch them off in the render altogether as a group if you've no need for the light they cast, you don't need to click every red dot, just take a look in the am at the basic page).

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.