PDA

View Full Version : altering a bump map using color pocesing nodes

AdrianLazar
12-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi,
i'm trying to alter the bump map using a procesing nod, color correction.
I have a bumpmap ganderator plugged in the bump map on the material. When the image is plugged directly in the bumpmap generator imput, the bump is working. I plugg in the bump map generator an image node, and in this node the image, the bump stops working. An i whant that image node so that i can apply a color correction node to the bump map image. I tryied this with the d3 normal map shader and it's working fine (using a normal map picture). But i whant to use bump map. Why i'm doing all this? Because the bump map picture has a backgound with 50% gray but in xsi this color is not neutral and it's affecting the bump map...
Hope you did understood what i meant, my english is bad and my xsi knowledges are limited, so to put this on short:

What i need to do so tha i can alter a global bump map (bumpmap_generator) using color procesing nodes or change range nodes

Thank you!

JDex
12-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Try:

Clip node>Image Node>Image Processing Node>Bumpmap Gen Node>Bump Input...

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.