PDA

View Full Version : Cecile - Animation Session 11 - Action Cut

cecile
12-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Hi everybody,

Kind of new here, I'd like to give a go at the sessions from now one.

Appreciate any comments.

For this one I thought of a guy well dress, bow tie, well actually just the bow tie.
Holding a flowers. waiting ....
Suddenly big sure smile ... he knows his beloved's just arrived.
Turn and stick the flowers into a cop face.
oups... he is in trouble

I'm using probably generi for maya, as I don't have my own rig. and will accessorie the two characters with - bow tie and flowers for one and hat and police stick-thing (i don't know how to call those) to the other guy.
I have actually a storyboard, but as i'm new here, I don't think I have enough post to use attachement. and don't have my own website. so another time I guess.

thanks for your time

cecile
12-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Here is a quick pic description.

http://www.geocities.com/cecileplattner/animation/session11.jpg

NatXotic
12-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Hehe,
that policeman reminds me off the pink panther gendarm that always went with inspector clouseau. He was more sleepy character though. i like the idea.

cecile
12-08-2004, 06:37 PM
thanks for your comment, and I hope I can make the animation looks good and looks the same as the storyboard

cecile
12-14-2004, 01:58 AM
WIP, let's say, it's advanced blocking. I've started to animate the turn and few facials.
I'm not sure about the ending, seems too fast. But I thought I'll post something now before I get too deep in the animation pass.
Do you think he should spend less time at the beginning before the cut, so it's longer at the end and so we understand the policeman is very mad? or other comments?

Also, i'm not too sure if the actual turn is too fast.... anyone?

I haven't try to put any weight yet, it's all linear curve, I'm just not sure about timing-wise thanks all

http://www.geocities.com/cecileplattner/animation/Anim06.mpg

RaisedByWolves
12-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah, the ending is too fast. Unfortunatly, we only have 100 frames. I don't think you can get that whole ending in there.

An easy solution would be to abridge the beginning, but I like the pace of the beginning a lot.

And I don't think the turn is too fast, it seems fine. Just the series of actions after it seem fast.

That's my feedback.

~Raised

monstersauce
12-16-2004, 11:45 PM
wow! I really like your advanced blocking! :D

the only comment I have is that maybe you could make the bowtie guy a little more surprised before he smiles...?

I can't wait to see the next pass.

MrSolo
12-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Sweet....

He he he... nice story. Just make sure to show that he mades a mistake offering the flowers to the wrong character. I guess that is not clear right now.

excelent job! I really like the mood!

Cya

cecile
12-18-2004, 11:08 PM
thanks all for your advices and comments, I tried to resetup the ending. where they don't do as much. It was definitly too fast at the end for the little timeleft.

Anyway , I'm not that happy cause nothing much is happening. Next time I'll try to get something more exciting I guess.

yes, that my final - I believe deadlines are monday? right? - cause I'm going on holidays today. I feel it could be better, but time is time. here we go.

http://www.geocities.com/cecileplattner/animation/Anim10.mpg

I'm not so sure how we're suppose to post final though ... ?? anyone? is it the right way?

Time to move on.

oh and Happy Holidays everyone.

cecile
12-18-2004, 11:12 PM
great my geocities gone for an hour.... Sighhh

btw I'm looking for webhost provider, cheap -like less than $8/month, with a lot of bandwith, lot of space and reliable!
yeeeahhh well you never know

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.