PDA

View Full Version : 10 second animation

rony
12-06-2004, 02:47 AM
hey everyone,
I was checking last month's 10 second club sound file a few days ago and I liked it. so I decided to give it a shot. I haven't posted it on 10secondclub.org. Just wanted to do it for fun. here's the link animation (http://www.3dde.com/web_vids/speeding.html)

rmsmedia
12-06-2004, 02:44 PM
I like the initial, "here goes" poses, and the final few poses when he's out of breath, the middle is a little jarbled...it'd be funny if he did some really strange or extravagant poses somewher in the middle instead of hitting the same kind of poses over and over again...good work thus far though, I know how hard it is to hit all those poses in such a short amount of time.

rony
12-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the CC. I've made animation repetitive in the middle to emphasize the recursive errors he's referring to. It's kinda like repeating the same thing to make it worse.

Cheers

iliketheska
12-08-2004, 01:01 AM
I liked it quite a lot. The only things I would suggest is that I think his left leg is a bit underused, i.e., he never really shifts his center of gravity much. I think that could add some emphasis to certain parts. I also think that building up to some zany poses would be funny, but I can understand why you didn't do it. Overall, good job!

EDIT: Just wanted to say, I love the delivery of the word "speeding". The look on his face and the hands' actions are very cool.

Gabester
12-08-2004, 04:49 AM
For a character like that, you'd think he'd open his mouth a lot more when he makes his SP"E"D and L"I"GHT sounds. He also makes too many gestures too quickly. He couldn't physically get into all the poses he does without tumbling over or loosing his balance. Sometimes it's best to make smaller expressions and hold it for a few seconds. It would give the audience more time to take the image in hence improving general feel towards the character.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.