PDA

View Full Version : Mental Images' subsurface shader pack available for XSI?

ssalo
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi!

I ran across this tutorial http://www.lamrug.org/resources/doc/sss-skin-shader-tutorial.pdf and I was wondering is this shader pack ever released for XSI?

EDIT: It's available for Maya 6 as bonus download and ships with 3ds max 7 too...

Fedupguy
12-05-2004, 08:20 PM
The physical shader is now included as part of xsi 4.2

In any event there were SPDLs to us the maya package around anyway

The quick shader is not yeat supported, as XSI does not yet support color remapping in the render tree, as opposed to the FX tree. Hope it will be fixed in XSI 5, as essential for VRAY like interior renders.

pierre
12-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Hope it will be fixed in XSI 5, as essential for VRAY like interior renders.
do you can explain?

RayenD
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately no lightmaps in XSI yet, so no fast SSS shader. Which personally I hate because I have a project right now in which I can use it...

Spacelord
12-06-2004, 04:38 AM
The physical shader is now included as part of xsi 4.2

In any event there were SPDLs to us the maya package around anyway

The quick shader is not yeat supported, as XSI does not yet support color remapping in the render tree, as opposed to the FX tree. Hope it will be fixed in XSI 5, as essential for VRAY like interior renders.
Whats this quick shader and hows it compare to vray ? is it a irradiance thing ? or object lights ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.