PDA

View Full Version : diplacement problem

pseudopod
12-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Please help,

I have a scene with multiple objects that have their own displacement maps. For some reason the objects in the scene that have a displcment map render sometimes and not other times. I have tried this in other scenes and I have also encountered this problem before on previous projects.

Has anyone encountered this before? What was the work around?

btw, the objects render fine with out a displcment but having it is crucial for the "look"

THis is such a strange problem because it seems to work randomly. Sometimes one renders while the other doesnt and vice versa. Cant figure out why

Ablefish
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
I have encountered some similar things with displacement. But for me it's usually been while working with an render region up and pulling nodes around in the Rendertree. Sometimes it will render nothing until I unplug and replug the displacment back into the material node. Sometimes adjusting the Maximum Displacement value on an object's geoapprox property will not 'register' until you plug/unplug the displacement.

I've also noticed that copy and pasting the geoapprox property from one object to another (after fine tuning the displacement settings, for example) doesn't always work properly - you're better off manually copying the settings over.

Maybe you could try keying some values in the shader or the object's geoapprox settings to force a refresh?

pseudopod
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Abelfish, great thanks - I'll give that a try!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.