Lord3d2
12-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Found this

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/BatmanBegins/poster

Click it again to make it high res

What do all you artists think?

GregRinaldi
12-04-2004, 06:56 AM
Bleh. Honestly, I find it pretty bland. I don't like the orange sky at all. For Batman, I would expect a blue night sky or maybe even a purple/blue dusk. Also, his pose is horribly boring. I'd much rather have a nice silhouette of the cape's wingspan fully extended, or one where the cape is blowing in the wind. I like Chris Nolan and Christian Bale, and I think they may have made a great new Batman movie, but this poster design dosen't seem to do them justice. :shrug:

the sparky
12-04-2004, 11:42 AM
I actually like it. I think it's nice to have a superhero poster where he isn't being super. Batman's reasons for becoming batman weren't very happy - it was revenge, so I think it fits.

ThomasMahler
12-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I also like it a lot - But Greg's right about the colors, for Batman, I'd also expect something more blueish.

titaniumdave
12-04-2004, 02:45 PM
I like batman's pose but that background has got to go. I completely throws everything off and makes batman seem out of place. Oh well atleast its not as bad as that starwars one.

TheOnlyWoj
12-04-2004, 03:47 PM
I also like it a lot - But Greg's right about the colors, for Batman, I'd also expect something more blueish.
This is WB/Nolan distancing themselves from the first franchise. Burton's Batman was very blue and black. They wanted to get two points across with this: 1) Batman is back, 2) This is a new movie, no connection to the filth of the last movie. Figures they use orange instead of blue, huh?

percydaman
12-04-2004, 03:48 PM
agreed. it seems like they didn't take much time thinking about what they were going to use for a background. Love the pose though. Hopefully this batman wont be so homogenized...like the last few..

siouxfire
12-04-2004, 04:29 PM
I think it's pretty good for a teaser poster. Usually, teaser posters for comic-adaptions are REALLY bland, basically just a logo: X-Men "X", spiderman emblem, batman emblem, Superman "S", etc. I think they used a non-Batman type colouring just to make the point that this Batman is going to be different. Anyhow, I like it.

GregRinaldi
12-04-2004, 05:21 PM
This is WB/Nolan distancing themselves from the first franchise. Burton's Batman was very blue and black. They wanted to get two points across with this: 1) Batman is back, 2) This is a new movie, no connection to the filth of the last movie. Figures they use orange instead of blue, huh?
Good point about them using a complimentary color to contrast with Schumacher's travesty of a film. Still, IMO Batman is a dark character and I like to see him surrounded by dark colors. I'm a huge fan Frank Miller's Batman, and I guess I was hoping for more of that sort of dark edge to come across in the poster. I think these images best illustrate the look I was hoping for:

http://www.loq12.at/comics/04_knight/img/batman.jpg

http://www.frameonline.it/FotoArticoli/Fumetto2Miller.jpg

As for the pose, I guess it's not inherrently bad, I mean he does looks pensive, but IMO, his silhouette is dull. For me, it would be much more appealing if that cape had some movement to contrast Bale's quiescence. Oh well, I'm still very much looking forward to this film.

TheOnlyWoj
12-04-2004, 06:51 PM
As far as color, apparently they're going for a brown/rust look to the film. I've also read they're doing bleach bypass on it.

Trailer #1 with Blade and Ocean's 12 next week :)

Mooncalf
12-04-2004, 07:00 PM
I'll chime in as another person who likes the color. :) It reminds me of the "Year One" series, which as I remember had a very sepia-tone color pallette, and I think it really worked well.

Blue feels to me like a strong color... a powerful color, even if it's tinged with gray. And that's fine, if you like that kinda thing.

But I prefer my Batman murky, and tortured, and insecure, and on any number of different sides of the law. I think the rusty orange works well.

- M

DAZZAN
12-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Wanna bet any money HE`S in the second one?,and he`s gonna be really really scary.

Sorry Jack but as Mr J you were a JOKE!

HA....HAAAA....HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...................

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.