PDA

View Full Version : NB modeling q.

Goran_r
12-04-2004, 02:45 AM
I was playing with C4D lattely ...

So I have one question.

Is it somehow possible in C4D to have control over "modeling history" ? Let me explain ... While modeling, you select some polygons, points, edges ... then extrude them, bevel, knife ... change attributes and parameters etc. So, does C4D keeps (records) history of this processes, so parameters tweakings, overiding modeling procedures, changing selections etc. is possible in latter steps. For example, something like nodal based history of proceses connected with each object, but in some (any) different form (button in expresso for extracting "objects modeling history" would be nice, too). Or pressing undo is simplest and/or only way ?

Thank you

Per-Anders
12-04-2004, 04:34 AM
Cinema has no modeling history currently (apart form being able to tweak the very last action, e.g. the last extrude in the tool options). But it does have a parametric modeling stack/process you can use instead for many things. This is achieved through the use of Tags and object heirarchy, and modifying the object properties this way. Quite a few plugins utilise this generator/deformer/manipulator approach, including DiTools, Jenna, XFrog, DPIT etc.

Erik Heyninck
12-04-2004, 08:43 AM
The method Ii found in the manual, and that I use, is to use save as at every important phase. Not only does that allow me to apply the File>revert to saved command, but I can also open, and even merge, previous states with the actual one.
With save as I also add a significant word to the title, and evt even save a small jpg render with the same name. And then there are nulls for text and Userdata.
This helps a lot, and even more for newer users to remember how something was achieved.

wuensch
12-04-2004, 09:46 AM
it is even easier when you activate the backup function in the preferences & enter a significant amout of backup copies like 30 or so-- you always have your last 30 save-hits available ;-)
Olli

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.