PDA

View Full Version : importing 6.5 scenes into 7?

kristen
08-29-2002, 01:28 AM
where can i find a plug in that imports lightwave 6.5 files into 7?
i've tried to just open the file in 7, it loads then crashes. please help! thanks
k

mohh
08-29-2002, 02:18 AM
It should open without a problem. I share files between 6.5 and 7.5 all of the time. Can you open any scene files created in 7? You might just have some corrupt files or a bad install. Have you tried to reinstall LigthWave from scratch? Try installing the 7.5 upgrade, it's free. That might fix any bugs that you might be encountering.

kristen
08-29-2002, 02:35 AM
i've tried multiple files, but, most with the same objects. i'll try the 7.5 upgrade. thanks

NanoGator
08-29-2002, 06:18 AM
Start with a simple scene that only has a cube in it and see if that crashes LW.

It sounds more to me like there's something in the scene confusing 7 (corrupt object maybe?) than there' s a compatibilty problem. 7.5 and 6.5 talk back and forth to each other just fine.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd take a systematic approach to figuring out what it is about hte scene that's crashing it.

kristen
09-02-2002, 07:22 PM
ok...i think i found the problem but i don't understand it. it's a jpg file for one of the textures. without the textures the scene loads fine. when i tried to reload the textures, this one jpg image would crash lightwave 7. the problem really is...is that i several scenes rendered out with this texture in lw 6.5. so, i can't just use another one. i've tried changing it and resaving it, and also saving it as different formats. i'm so confused....

Chewey
09-02-2002, 08:36 PM
Sounds like you have a bad LW7 config file.

DigitalDeuce
09-03-2002, 03:32 AM
Emergency repair procedure 1:

Backup Config files -- just move them somewhere else, maybe in the same place, but in a folder called "config backup".

Then, if you just copied the configs, delete them. You want to have a backup, but no configs where they were originally.

Then, restart layout from it's shortcut, then exit.
Then, restart modeler from it's shortcut, then exit.
Then, exit the hub.

Now, re-add all plugins.

Then, see if that jpg crashes LightWave. Might be a combination of missing plugin or a bad config. Just rebuild 'em.

Let us know how it goes.

kristen
09-22-2002, 10:26 PM
word!!!!!
thanks a lot!

DigitalDeuce
09-22-2002, 10:30 PM
:applause: :applause:

:airguitar :airguitar

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.