PDA

View Full Version : The Human Head | a resource for 3D Modelers

Andre Goersch
08-29-2002, 01:07 AM
Many of us got to know the incredible website The Human Head, made by Andrew Camenisch. It was not about step-by-step tutorials that even a monkey could repeat, but about the theory behind the making of a human head.

Well, before the site went offline, I made an almost complete backup of it, for offline viewing. Over the past few days, I've been thinking about this, and finally decided to put the site online, so that others could learn a little from it. The link is http://humanhead.cjb.net/

I know that maybe this is not the best thing to do, since I don't have explicit authorization to do it, but believe me, I trying to get. I've been trying to contact Andrew Camenisch, but without any success.

So check it out, and if you think that I'm the worst kind of person ever for publishing the work of others, tell me. If I see that everybody think like that I'll take the site down.

dvornik
08-29-2002, 02:01 AM
Don't know what others will say, but thanks, man. I made a copy from your site myself in case you'll take it down.

JuRrAsStOiL
08-29-2002, 02:47 AM
yeah, thanks thought it would be lost forever :D
But I switched over to fineart.sk, I think the
information are a bit out of date :(

Andre Goersch
08-29-2002, 02:58 AM
JuRrAsStOiL: I don't think so... I think both sites complement each other...
FineArt has some tutorials, but as I said, The Human Head is not about step-by-step information. It gives you the ability to think for yourself what is the best way to make the model, since it gives you the theory, and a lot of it.

Grey
08-29-2002, 03:47 AM
this site only work for MSIE?

I can't get past the main page with Mozilla

WarlockXKZ
08-29-2002, 04:01 AM
Thanks for putting this site up!!!

I've been waiting for the original to come back for some time.

:thumbsup:

Grey
08-29-2002, 04:49 AM
GATOR!

I risked it, and went to your site using MSIE, and instantly GATOR tried to install!

This is why I switched to Mozilla... because of sites like this one.

Please please please, if you're going to set up a website, don't make it Internet Explorer only as this one is!

Andre Goersch
08-29-2002, 05:05 AM
Grey: First of all, as I said before, this is not MY site. This site's contents, images and visual design belong all to Andrew Camenisch. The only tweaks I did was to fix some links and images that weren't working. So, if the site doesn't work on Mozilla, it's not my fault. If I continue working on this site, I'll do my best correct this, but so far it is out of my hands.

As for Gator showing up, believe me, I hate Gator as much as you do, and I would probably quit from any service at sight if I knew they use systems like Gator or other spyware. But I haven't seen it show even once, so I can be sure of what is causing it. Is possible that cjb.net is the reason. I'll try to see into it.

I don't like the idea of changing anything in this site without Andrew's consent, but I'll put some text links on the home page so that Mozilla users can see it too.

Andre Goersch
08-29-2002, 05:15 AM
Grey: Try it now... it should work on your Mozilla...

Andre Goersch
08-29-2002, 06:12 AM
Sorry guys, but looks like good things don't last. :sad:

I finally got to talk with Andrew, and he asked me to take the site down. He said that he's working to put the site on a host that won't need any banners or pop-up's.

The good news are that maybe in a few weeks we can get to see the site back online but with updated content.

BlackTenshi
08-30-2002, 05:57 AM
I never had the chance to see that site, but i sounds awesome.

tazmanian
08-31-2002, 06:09 AM
ya.....i also dont see the Site,..... :buttrock:

dvornik
08-31-2002, 06:33 AM
Too bad you couldn't get the rollovers. Well, hopefully he'll put his new and improved site up under all this public pressure.

Markuss
09-07-2002, 12:39 PM
I see you had to take it down...

Where is/was the original site? Can you give me a link so I can find it when he will put it back up?

Andre Goersch
09-07-2002, 03:34 PM
The site used to be on a University server. When Andrew graduated they erased the acount, and it won't be put up at that address again.

grandmaster00
09-09-2002, 11:15 AM
yeh i also contacted andrew about this - he courteously replied giving me the same info as is stated in other posts in this thread- it will be back soon, and hopefully very quickly too :D this time im gonna save the lot of it just in case - this site is by far THE best resource for modelling realistic humans :D

marko-p
09-10-2002, 07:01 AM
Im just posting a reply so i hear news about the website when it comes up !

Andre Goersch
09-14-2002, 08:01 PM
It's on!!!! :buttrock:

http://coldfusion.art.msstate.edu/camenisch/thehumanhead/index.html

dvornik
09-15-2002, 12:45 AM
Great, thanks for the link. Post it in the General Discussion section as well. The questions about that site come up regulary over there.

Andre Goersch
09-15-2002, 12:57 AM
I will, thanks for the tip... :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.