PDA

View Full Version : V-Ray for TS7

slaughters
12-03-2004, 09:22 PM
V-Ray
Caligari is pleased to announce an agreement with Chaos group to license V-Ray renderer for integration with trueSpace7. V-Ray is one of the fastest high-quality global illumination renderers available today. This optional renderer, once installed, will simply appear as a third rendering option in the preferences menu, with the same workflow as the standard renderers. The V-Ray renderer is a popular choice for many demanding professional users due to its robustness, speed, and an array of powerful features including

>>>>Link<<<< (http://forums.caligari.com/discus/messages/74/17509.html?1102109627)

Ollarin
12-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Fishsticks! Awesome news!! Wow. This will certainly help Truespace with sales and stuff. Lots of people use Vray.

Can't wait to see other awesome features! So far, TS7 is looking REALLY promising.:D

Lord_Snip
12-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Really god news !
Finally a really good renderer for this package !

Frank Lake
12-04-2004, 09:07 AM
An Interesting step to say the least. But I wonder just how 'seamless' it is and just how much additionally it would cost.

Vizu
12-05-2004, 03:48 PM
.... Truespace comes with in 3 rendering engines.
VRay
Virtualight 1.4 and
Lightworks 7.5.

Now we must hope that the next version of Truespace will be more stable.
With my actual version ( 6.6 ) i must save my work every few minutes.

Frank Lake
12-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Vizu,

Read it more closely.

The latest version of the V-Ray renderer will be available as a separate option for trueSpace7. Only 2 of them are shipped with TS7, with V-Ray being the option(or obvious choice over the other 2). Hope it's reasonably priced.

Something that really caught my attention was that it looks like the shader system has been, read finally, overhauled. Hey maybe TS7 will finally render like Lightwave 5.6 did!! :rolleyes: Seriously though it does sound like they did a truely professional job this time around. However I'm wondering just what options don't work between the 2 built-in renderers. In 18 months they would've had to change both renderers to not only talk to each other but also TS and V-Ray. That's alot of code to go wrong or something to be missed.

But we've only got 5 days to wait until the REAL interesting stuff comes out.

AdamT
12-06-2004, 03:37 AM
Now we must hope that the next version of Truespace will be more stable.
With my actual version ( 6.6 ) i must save my work every few minutes.Some things never change.

Vizu
12-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Vizu,

Read it more closely.Thanks for this information, than ive got a wrong info.
Than i hope VRay will not be to expensive.

@AdamT ! Hehe maybe Caligari does a good job and change it in 7.x :)

slaughters
12-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Doesn't the Chaos Group offer a free version of V-Ray:
http://www.vrayrender.com/download/

cookepuss
12-06-2004, 11:34 PM
The free version only seems to be for 3ds max. I don't see a standalone among their free downloads. Besides, if Caligari has licensed the renderer it would make sense that they might want to recover that investment, apart from actual tS sales.

American
12-07-2004, 01:33 PM
So its can be that they give a free version for TS to ...i hope it when i see the prize for the basic ...and when TS7 not have the vray on board its verry expensive to buy this all for a hobby (but i know some 3d programms are cost a lot more money :) )

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.