PDA

View Full Version : Blur Studios New Site is up!

KingMob
12-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know that the new Blur site is up, with a bunch of our new work, as well as some clips from the two short films we just finished.

Click below to see what we have been up to,
(http://www.blur.com)
www.blur.com (http://www.blur.com)

Capel
12-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Dude, i checked that stuff out yesterday. beautiful work, seriously. Is blur hoping to do features eventually? I'm sure they could.

anyway, i'm so jealous. oh, to work there......

GregRinaldi
12-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Man, you guys have been busy! Those two shorts look great. When and where can we expect to see them in thier entirety?

Also, when is Blur's first animated feature going to come out? -wink-wink-

KolbyJukes
12-03-2004, 07:38 PM
The site looks great, I was really impressed by the Warhammer:DoW cinematic, expecially considering the timeframe it was produced in.

-K.

SheepFactory
12-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Wow!

In the rough looks amazing with everthing in place. I hope you guys get the oscar this year.

KingMob
12-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey thanks everyone!

Yeah the two shorts are fantastic, we should have them up later on this year I am sure, much like rockfish was before.

As for the feature...only time will tell :)

Thanks again for the support/comments!

dotTom
12-03-2004, 08:21 PM
I know I'll get roasted for this - but IMO, Blur are up there with Pixar.

unchikun
12-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Also all done in Max right?

Very impressive, great to see the growth of the studio!

Stephen Vyas
12-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Looking good bro.

Maverick3d
12-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Blur's come a long way from the Interstate '82 cinematics.

Everyone's right, you guys should be doing features.

NrgJake
12-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Great Site!! and Amazing work!:thumbsup:

igorstshirts
12-03-2004, 08:53 PM
I like Blur!

b.Schulz
12-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow!

In the rough looks amazing with everthing in place. I hope you guys get the oscar this year.
Agreed. I really hope Blur gets an Oscar this year. They have been doing great work for so long now.

BrandonD
12-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Awesome work just keeps pouring out of Blur...congrats to all! Good leadership and great artististry go a long way and it shows. I still miss playing Quake there...

Bsmith
12-03-2004, 09:32 PM
you work at blur?

You are my hero.

Wilson-3d
12-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Wow that looks great. Really nice shorts. Sure inspiring. Thanks for pointing them out!

Volker
12-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Am I the only one that gets a black screen with audio playing? Can't figure it out, I have the latest quicktime...

Zach

js33
12-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know that the new Blur site is up, with a bunch of our new work, as well as some clips from the two short films we just finished.

Click below to see what we have been up to,
(http://www.blur.com/)
www.blur.com (http://www.blur.com/)I would like to check out your site and have in the past but I'm using IE on XP sp2 and it won't launch any of the QT movies. Any ideas. I tried turning off the popup blocker and setting security to the lowest setting but it doesn't change anything. I can see all the stills in the flash file just can't launch the QTs. They work in other sites.

Cheers,
JS

Solothores
12-03-2004, 10:42 PM
So you guys were also responsible for the EQ2 Intro... looking forward to your next stuff, great site :thumbsup:

artisanfx
12-03-2004, 10:50 PM
great work keep going http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif great site

Blur is one of my favorite company :)
I wish I cut work with this company

pthomas72
12-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Blur Rules!

KingMob
12-03-2004, 11:21 PM
very strange...not sure why you can't see the quicktimes, the popup blockers would make sense...but yous aid you turned it off, I use mozilla and quicktime and have no troubles... ill ask around tho.

thanks for the nice things you say... it's ncie to hear people like it!

Ollarin
12-03-2004, 11:46 PM
*Looks at content on the website*

OH For mercies sake hire me! :p

Damn...You guys are so good...I'm speechless. :|

Awesome job guys! :thumbsup:

JDex
12-04-2004, 12:20 AM
By far one of the most engaging and diverse demo reels/portfolios I have ever seen... great work blurfolk. Good luck on the Oscar.

js33
12-04-2004, 01:17 AM
very strange...not sure why you can't see the quicktimes, the popup blockers would make sense...but yous aid you turned it off, I use mozilla and quicktime and have no troubles... ill ask around tho.

thanks for the nice things you say... it's ncie to hear people like it!
Can you have someone at Blur check the site on IE/XP sp2 please? You don't want your site not viewable to the biggest audience. I can play quicktimes fine at say Apples movie trailor site and it sends you to many different sites and they are all viewable to me.
Looking forward to seeing your site soon.

Thanks,
JS

slime
12-04-2004, 02:54 AM
IE on XP SP2 works fine. Just be sure to deactivate the pop-up blocker.

js33
12-04-2004, 03:23 AM
I did deactivate the popup blocker and the site loads fine but none of the quicktime files would launch. Oh well I solved it by installing Firefox and am watching the qts now.

Cheers,
JS

FUG1T1VE
12-04-2004, 05:16 AM
wow. by looking at the site it appears you guys are equiped to make a feature.
When is it coming out?

Pinoy McGee
12-04-2004, 05:25 AM
So you guys were also responsible for the EQ2 Intro
My thoughts exactly. :eek:

:applause:

Do you have discounts to do "my" demo reel? :)

polygun
12-04-2004, 07:35 AM
One day I will be blessed enough to work for Blur. One day, mark my words. Seriously. I will. :(

How lame is that, for over 4 years all I wanted to work for was Blur. Not pixar, not ILM, just Blur. My company subcontracted to blur workers because of me. Love you guys and your company....keep up the amazing work and perhaps some day I can join your team.

artisanfx
12-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Can you have someone at Blur check the site on IE/XP sp2 please? You don't want your site not viewable to the biggest audience. I can play quicktimes fine at say Apples movie trailor site and it sends you to many different sites and they are all viewable to me.
Looking forward to seeing your site soon.

Thanks,
JS
I can just say that XP make's somethime problem the reason i think is your security setup
allowed the popups on the www.blur.site (http://www.blur.site) and i think it will hopefull work for you to.

siouxfire
12-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Wow, not sure if I can add anything. Great work, really GREAT! How long did it take you guys to make each preview once preproduction work was finished?

mv
12-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Great stuff :buttrock: keep up the good work guys.

MaTaDoR
12-04-2004, 03:47 PM
amazing work, wish they had cinematics for the x-men games like the ones blur produced for the commercial... not that the ones in the game are that bad but damn!

Heber
12-04-2004, 04:44 PM
ive always been impressed by the work blur does, the stuff coming out of their rivals the biggest studios . These 2 new shorts are looking great i cant wait to see them . Gotta love that gopher :)

kex
12-04-2004, 10:32 PM
the ever quest 2 intro was good but the world of war craft one was a bit better i dunno why , i guesse wow action sequences were a little bit more fluid.

cg219
12-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Wow, shorts look great. Nice new content. How did yall get such nice fur for the gopher. Also, will yall be updating the Blurbeta site anytime soon?

js33
12-04-2004, 11:33 PM
I can just say that XP make's somethime problem the reason i think is your security setup
allowed the popups on the www.blur.site (http://www.blur.site) and i think it will hopefull work for you to.
Well I tried everything in IE. I turned security down to the lowest setting, turned off zonealarm the windows firewall was already off, turned off pop-up blocker, turned off the google toolbar, etc...and no matter what I did the quicktimes would not work.

Oh well I installed Firefox and that solved the problem. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
JS

JDex
12-04-2004, 11:36 PM
And now you are a better person... just use IE for Windows Update :D

Makes life more enjoyable.

SzeJones
12-04-2004, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=cg219]How did yall get such nice fur for the gopher. [QUOTE]

The Gopher's fur was created with Shag/Hairfx. It took more than couple hundreds model hair Splines (Don't remember exactly how many but I could open the file at work to find out). The reason for all the splines was to ensure they all followed the deforming body mesh closely when it animates.

The fur's color, density, clumping and thickness were controlled by maps painted in Deep Paint for various areas on the face and the body.

After setting up it's final look, then it took lots testing and tweaking with animation point cache to see if it looked good in extreme poses and close up shots.

That's the overall idea of how it was created.

.^_^.

js33
12-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Hehehe. Yeah so far I like it. :)

Cheers,
JS

Vladvrz
12-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Really good stuff,impressive and above the crowd,like major studio level.Warcraft :drool: :drool:

Andreyev
12-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Gopher short was super :-))) I enjoy watching it a lot!

Cyberdigitus
12-05-2004, 01:43 PM
of course blur is doing great work, but about the site itself...

it's nice, but relies a bit to much on popups to my taste.
why do the news in a popup? there's not even a way to get back to it if you close it. the homepage doesn't seem to have a meaning, it's actually the index page of animation or motion graphics. kinda confusing. if i'd really go nitpicking, the popups of the images could come up in the center of the screen.

i'm also surprised you didn't go with flash video (streaming .flv) it could be integrated in the site too, and has great compression ratio's.

AJ
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
All of the work looks (and is) fantastic.

I saw the X-men tv spot while I was in the US a few months ago and really wanted to find out who did it - know I know, I'm not in the least bit surprised!

Oh and since I'm almost certain I haven't said this yet ( :blush: )- congratulations on the job Ian! :D

artisanfx
12-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Well I tried everything in IE. I turned security down to the lowest setting, turned off zonealarm the windows firewall was already off, turned off pop-up blocker, turned off the google toolbar, etc...and no matter what I did the quicktimes would not work.

Cheers,
JS
Good to hear that it finaly worked also for you http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

cheers,

TorbjornO
12-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Saw both the short films in their entirety yesterday here in Sydney at the AEAF short film screening. Very impressive, very funny. Blur's always done good stuff but I reckon this is the best I've seen them do. Great story telling, great animation and great visuals. Feature film quality.

Torbjorn Olsson
http://www.3dluvr.com/toby/

Artbot
12-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Outstanding work! I had never seen "Rockfishing" before and was blown away. My only crit was the pet reminded me too much of that annoying alien-pet-thing from Lost in Space. But yours turned out to be much better in the end. Amazing action, great shot staging and editing. Loved every moment.

It's nice there are studios like yours setting such high standards. As I watched a few of the movies, I was struck by the thought, "Now there's a company that gets all the parts right". Design, modeling, animation, lighting, staging, sound, music - all the parts "fit". Excellent work.

seren933
12-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Thanx for the sharing. I enjoyed every art pieces over there~:thumbsup:

CobraX
01-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Nothing to say, except amazing work! Congrats to all the BLUR crew!

Cheers Ian!

Gentle Fury
01-06-2005, 02:48 AM
hey mob......when did you start working at Blur?? Have I really been that far out of the loop??

KingMob
01-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Hey everyone, thanks on behalf of everyone over here,

GentleFury:

I started a little over 10 months ago... almost a year..yeesh. :)

Gentle Fury
01-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Hey everyone, thanks on behalf of everyone over here,

GentleFury:

I started a little over 10 months ago... almost a year..yeesh. :)
Yeah, thats prolly about how long its been since I actually talked to ya.....lol. Well belated congrats bud!!! Your a great talent and you deserve it!

pearson
01-06-2005, 03:59 AM
I must say the shorts look very impressive!

It will be interesting to see how long it takes before you guys jump in and do a feature length movie. I think you guys definately have the visual chops, so I guess it's just a question of story and pipeline.

Congrats on the job, btw, KingMob. I remember seeing your excellent CG challenge stuff. Is this your first industry job?

Lynzh
01-06-2005, 02:29 PM
I like the new Warhammer Cinematics. I read a big review about it in 3D World this month. Made in about a month right? That is impressive. The new site looks really good too. Flash seems to be the clichè every 3d artist uses at his webpage nowadays.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.